Fan Cooling Questions (Positions) Help needed !

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
im quite new on this thing... my system is:

E 6600
8800 GTS
2 gb ram
p5b-eplus
250 Gb hdd
80 gb hdd
corsair 620 W
18 x dvd sony drive

no overclocking yet

there is one Fan at the back...(not the psu fan) and it sucks out air from the inside... to the outside...

on the side... there is a small fan... that also sucks out air from the inside to the outside

and there is a fan... at the front... that suck air INWARD...so it only cools the HDD's....

of course... theres the fan for the cpu and video....

is the correct setup ?? assuming it is STOCK FAN COOLING. thx alot !

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
so technically... it would be fine that no air is coming directly to the mobo ??

i also think that doing so.... would make my mobo cpu vid card VERY dirty since it sucks out air from the outside directly to the mobo....

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
i dont think the intake fan on hdd is sufficient enough..... and im quite afraid to make the side fans to be intake since my room is not airconditioned yet (just moved to a new place), and its quite poluted here... hahhaha

should i have an internal fan instead without sucking air from the outside ?

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
aahhh ! now i see, would it be bad if i remove all of the slots ? or is there a fan cooler out there that can be installed anywhere inside? thx alot !!

btw, the corsair PSU u recommended rocks, the technician who setup my computer was wowed... especially with the nice wiring, it never give him any troubles at all, and really easy to setup..

also, now i know why my bros computer is always turning off before while using macromedia flash... its because of insufficient watts....

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
aahhh ! now i see, would it be bad if i remove all of the slots ? or is there a fan cooler out there that can be installed anywhere inside? thx alot !!

btw, the corsair PSU u recommended rocks, the technician who setup my computer was wowed... especially with the nice wiring, it never give him any troubles at all, and really easy to setup..

also, now i know why my bros computer is always turning off before while using macromedia flash... its because of insufficient watts....

I read a PC cooling study a month ago and for the life of me can not find it again. Some dude, or dudette, put temp sensors all over their case and monitored built in sensors with an array of fans. I believe they came to the conclusion that the most efficient setup was an exhaust fan, top blowhole, and intake. Although a single exhaust fan only trailed the addition of a blow hold and intake by very little. So basically it all has to do with proper circulation. The intake fan is ok but in my opinion mainly for cooling your hard drive. the top exhaust fan should create enough negative pressure in your case to pull air in from outside. My opinion is that your setup is fine. however if the side fan is low on the case it should be blowing in and if it is at the top it should be blowing out. Reason being hot air rises and you want to exhaust that air pulling cool air in below. If it's low you do not want to be blowing out cool air but rather pulling it in.

Plus if the side fan is low it could be feeding your vid card cool air by blowing in.

Dark_Placebo

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2007
well, the side fan is at the middle, so, the vid card is in the lower part... while the back exhaust fan is also around the middle.....

so technically, nothing blows to the mobo...

i might do what mpicl said, about the pci slot cover, this weekend.

well, the side fan is at the middle, so, the vid card is in the lower part... while the back exhaust fan is also around the middle.....

so technically, nothing blows to the mobo...

i might do what mpicl said, about the pci slot cover, this weekend.

If the side fan is even with the mobo I say exhaust it. Otherwise you are't really circulating air effiently as you will be pushing air and directly out the back again with exhaust. Where as if your exhausting it the air it is exhausting it warm/hot air that has already circulated over components.