Replace Mboard= Windows re-install?

keith97

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I think I fried my mboard-increasing bsod's like every 15 min now. If I replace just the mboard with the same model do I need to re-install windows? My wife is going to kill me if I have to do that.

FYI its a p5n32-e sli plus and I bumped the north and southbridge volatages one step the other day when all this started.

weilin

Distinguished
Before you go swapping stuff out, first go into bios and set everything back to defaults. See if that helps.

If not, Set everything to defaults and format the pc. (windows can be very strange sometimes)

If that doesn't help, i think the voltage increase u did fried something and then you would have to replace the board. If you get an identical one, a format shouldn't be necessary.

P.S. Make sure you have the latest bios and drivers

keith97

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I tried setting everything back and it keeps getting worse. The volt increase must have fried something, oh well.

Thanks for your help

keith97

Distinguished
Nov 7, 2006
I have cleared it and I cant remember the stop errors but they vary. Also I will lose my internet occasionally, sometimes the windows sidebar stops, the mouse and keyboard will lock-up. It is just random programs- devices will just stop responding until reboot alond with the frequent bsod. I better finish this post up before it locks up again.

By the way random things were failing I guessed it was the MBoard- Could it possibly be the cpu? What does a failing cpu act like?

again-thanks for everyone's help

It could be that you simply have corrupted your windows installation.
You could try refreshing the installation, and see if that helps.
But, if it is a hardware problem, you could very well go BSOD during the process and for certain have to do a complete reinstall once you have replaced your hardware.
So, it's up to you if you want to try it.