penguinusaf

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
I just recovered from the trojan.dropper. Now i just deleted all the virus but my notskrnl.exe is being changed by AVG and also now i lost my amistrator right. for example i cant open regedit or task manager as i dont have the right. i tried sfc /scannow also still have the same problem. Anyone know how to fix the problem? thanks for the answser.

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If the problem is that the Current User doesn't have Administrative privilege, try going into Safe Mode as Administrator and give the User name you're using admin privileges. You could also just create a new user with Admin privileges

penguinusaf

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2006
i have checked the rights and i found that i have all the rights. i loged on to safe mood and also cannot do anything even from the Administrator cannot use the regedit and other
:(
BTW thanks for the respond. still looking for some answer ....

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
If you can't do anything in Safe Mode as Administrator, you probably have to do a clean, i.e., full format before, install of Windows from the Windows CD. Back up all the data on the dive/partition you're formating. Make absolutely certain none of the data you're backing up is infected.