remote assistance from xp to win98?

I have xp prof. can I do remote asst. with a windows 98 or others? I know
it's already a default with other xp's, I tried with another xp user but it
kept e-mailing her request for asst. to her own e-mail address.
ALSO, I have a networked pc at home & I need to access it to see what my
grands are doing & to keep up the maintainece. I just can't get up/down the
stairs much. I have linksys wireless network & I understand they have their
own firewall (wep) or something? I'm so stuck, please help! Thanks so much
God Bless,
GRANDMOM

Hi,

RA is limited to other XP systems. For your grands, if they are using Pro,
you could use Remote Desktop. Otherwise, a third party product like
pcanywhere (www.symantec.com/pcanywhere) may be a better solution for you.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/