Problem using Motorola Razr as iPaq 4155 Bluetooth Modem

I want to use my Motorola Razr as a bluetooth modem for my iPaq 4150
Pocket PC. I'm dialing up to a local service provider. I can set
everything up with the bluetooth and it even dials the number, but then
I get one of those (la ti do) the number you are dialing..... kind of
sounds. And the pda gives me a unable to connection error. The number
works, I can dial it on the phone itself and it will make modem sounds
and everything, I just get the connection problem when I dial-up via
bluetooth or even usb data cable. I've even tried the Motorola Mobile
Phone tools on my labtop and still not luck, and I've got the
MediaWorks package from Cingular. Please, someone help me, I'm having a
hell of a time with this one and the technicians as cingular have no
idea what the problem is.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Wil
1 answer Last reply
More about problem motorola razr ipaq 4155 bluetooth modem

    In <1104785349.855110.182670@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com> on 3 Jan 2005
    12:49:09 -0800, wilwith1l@gmail.com wrote:

    >I want to use my Motorola Razr as a bluetooth modem for my iPaq 4150
    >Pocket PC. I'm dialing up to a local service provider. I can set
    >everything up with the bluetooth and it even dials the number, but then
    >I get one of those (la ti do) the number you are dialing..... kind of
    >sounds. And the pda gives me a unable to connection error. The number
    >works, I can dial it on the phone itself and it will make modem sounds
    >and everything, I just get the connection problem when I dial-up via
    >bluetooth or even usb data cable. I've even tried the Motorola Mobile
    >Phone tools on my labtop and still not luck, and I've got the
    >MediaWorks package from Cingular. Please, someone help me, I'm having a
    >hell of a time with this one and the technicians as cingular have no
    >idea what the problem is.

    Call Cingular Customer Care, and make sure your account is provisioned for
    CSD. If it is, have the feature removed and re-added to ensure your account
    is provisioned, and then turn the phone off and back on to trigger any SIM
    update.

Cingular Motorola Modem Bluetooth Internet Service Providers