window open at startup

April 30, 2005 12:02:01 AM

When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the system32
window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use to
hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?

More about : window open startup

Anonymous
April 30, 2005 9:50:53 AM

My Documets opens at startup
Go to Kelly's site, click on M and scroll down to My Documents Folder -
Opens Upon Boot:
VB script: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_mydocsopens....

--
Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
http://www.fjsmjs.com

"BD" <BD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the
> system32
> window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use
> hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?
Anonymous
April 30, 2005 12:12:10 PM

Jose/Frank

Thanks for the quick response. I watch my startup list in msconfig pretty
closely. Nothing there.

Frank, I checked the registry entries and they looked like they should.
(The link to the tool that was in there is dead).

The folder is not "My Documents" I should have been more specific. It is

C:\program files\sunbelt software\counterspy\enterprise

I don't know what I did to make this start, but it is frustrating the $#*&
out of me.

Thanks
April 30, 2005 3:15:39 PM

Start>Run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes. Go to "Startup" tab and see if there is an entry related to this folder. If so, uncheck it and restart.

"BD" <BD@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:2208F1F4-6ED2-41BB-9C58-CCBF98536E99@microsoft.com...
> When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the system32
> window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use to
> hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:13:13 AM

Look into Counterspy to see if any options or preferences are at fault.

> Jose/Frank
>
> Thanks for the quick response. I watch my startup list in msconfig
pretty
> closely. Nothing there.
>
> Frank, I checked the registry entries and they looked like they should.
> (The link to the tool that was in there is dead).
>
> The folder is not "My Documents" I should have been more specific. It
is

> C:\program files\sunbelt software\counterspy\enterprise
>
> I don't know what I did to make this start, but it is frustrating the
$#*&
> out of me.
>
> Thanks

It has removed 36 spam emails to date.