window open at startup

When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the system32
window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use to
hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?
4 answers Last reply
More about window open startup

    My Documets opens at startup
    Go to Kelly's site, click on M and scroll down to My Documents Folder -
    Opens Upon Boot:
    VB script: http://www.dougknox.com/xp/scripts_desc/xp_mydocsopens.htm

    --
    Frank Saunders, MS-MVP, IE/OE
    http://www.fjsmjs.com

    "BD" <BD@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the
    > system32
    > window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use
    > hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?

    Jose/Frank

    Thanks for the quick response. I watch my startup list in msconfig pretty
    closely. Nothing there.

    Frank, I checked the registry entries and they looked like they should.
    (The link to the tool that was in there is dead).

    The folder is not "My Documents" I should have been more specific. It is

    C:\program files\sunbelt software\counterspy\enterprise

    I don't know what I did to make this start, but it is frustrating the $#*&
    out of me.

    Thanks

    Start>Run and type in "msconfig" without the quotes. Go to "Startup" tab and see if there is an entry related to this folder. If so, uncheck it and restart.

    "BD" <BD@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:2208F1F4-6ED2-41BB-9C58-CCBF98536E99@microsoft.com...
    > When XP starts, I have an open window on my desktop. It isn't the system32
    > window that others have trouble with. It is just one of the folders I use to
    > hold data. Any way to stop that from opening on startup?

    Look into Counterspy to see if any options or preferences are at fault.

    > Jose/Frank
    >
    > Thanks for the quick response. I watch my startup list in msconfig
    pretty
    > closely. Nothing there.
    >
    > Frank, I checked the registry entries and they looked like they should.
    > (The link to the tool that was in there is dead).
    >
    > The folder is not "My Documents" I should have been more specific. It
    is

    > C:\program files\sunbelt software\counterspy\enterprise
    >
    > I don't know what I did to make this start, but it is frustrating the
    $#*&
    > out of me.
    >
    > Thanks

    It has removed 36 spam emails to date.