Sign in with
Sign up | Sign in
Your question

No way out

Last response: in Video Games
Share
Anonymous
July 16, 2005 10:28:53 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

I'm still stuck in the forest. I figured out a new plan, which involves
grabbing the LAW launcher from an allied soldier who lies a few yards from
my starting point in the forest. While I'm over him I snag another M16
magazine and a set of binoculars, then sprint back into the woods before
being spotted and shot at.

I dash up to the hill, get within sight of the BMP, then, with LAW in hands,
I fire one rocket to blow up the armored vehicle. I then sprint for the UAV
and head out of town. I can make it through the first town unscathed most
of the time, but once I arrive in the second town, where a few troops and a
tank await my arrival, I wind up being blown to bits either by the
helicopter above unleashing a barrage of air to ground missiles or by a
single shot from the tank.

I'm on Veteran difficulty, which I understand is part of the problem.
However, that's how I usually begin all of my games, for I like a challenge.
Neverthless, it is frustrating being killed, then starting all over. Would
anyone here be able to give me some more advice??

More about : question

Anonymous
July 17, 2005 5:38:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

I never got past that mission.

My advice. If you want to have FUN, either play OFP in multiplayer or play
No One Lives Forever.

--Uzi

"Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
news:qviCe.136820$go.25496@fed1read05...
> I'm still stuck in the forest. I figured out a new plan, which involves
> grabbing the LAW launcher from an allied soldier who lies a few yards from
> my starting point in the forest. While I'm over him I snag another M16
> magazine and a set of binoculars, then sprint back into the woods before
> being spotted and shot at.
>
> I dash up to the hill, get within sight of the BMP, then, with LAW in
> hands, I fire one rocket to blow up the armored vehicle. I then sprint
> for the UAV and head out of town. I can make it through the first town
> unscathed most of the time, but once I arrive in the second town, where a
> few troops and a tank await my arrival, I wind up being blown to bits
> either by the helicopter above unleashing a barrage of air to ground
> missiles or by a single shot from the tank.
>
> I'm on Veteran difficulty, which I understand is part of the problem.
> However, that's how I usually begin all of my games, for I like a
> challenge. Neverthless, it is frustrating being killed, then starting all
> over. Would anyone here be able to give me some more advice??
>
July 17, 2005 6:59:13 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Ok, I'm just playing through again too. The great thing about this game is
that you can hang on by the skin of your teeth through complete chaos, in
the wrong area with everybody dead, and sneak around to the objective and
win anyway.

Now, this mission is one of the most documented of all. It's hard. Search
for avon+flashpoint for another guide. Playing on veteran is pure madness,
you'll never get anywhere. There do seem to be people who completed the game
on vet with a medal every mission, but I have difficulty believing that at
all. Within seconds you're shot full of holes - bad enough on rookie. Games
should be fun - try again on Rookie and take a more circuitious route -
remember that you can speed up time with the + key..

Neil
Related resources
July 17, 2005 1:36:56 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Done it long ago, but the most easy way for me was to snatch the green empty
Dasia civil car in Provins. Drive out of Provins not south-bound, but
easterly bound. At coordinates Fb58 take the dirt-road back to the west.
Step out the Dasia at the forest, walk though the forest to the evac-site.
Than it is a 'milk-run'.
Anything extra one does, like taking the LAW and destroying the BMP, or
killing some Russians is just for 'campaign-points' and your own fun.
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 3:51:50 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Funny, that mission was one of the most fun missions I played with OFP.




Uziyahu wrote:
> I never got past that mission.
>
> My advice. If you want to have FUN, either play OFP in multiplayer or play
> No One Lives Forever.
>
> --Uzi
>
> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
> news:qviCe.136820$go.25496@fed1read05...
>
>>I'm still stuck in the forest. I figured out a new plan, which involves
>>grabbing the LAW launcher from an allied soldier who lies a few yards from
>>my starting point in the forest. While I'm over him I snag another M16
>>magazine and a set of binoculars, then sprint back into the woods before
>>being spotted and shot at.
>>
>>I dash up to the hill, get within sight of the BMP, then, with LAW in
>>hands, I fire one rocket to blow up the armored vehicle. I then sprint
>>for the UAV and head out of town. I can make it through the first town
>>unscathed most of the time, but once I arrive in the second town, where a
>>few troops and a tank await my arrival, I wind up being blown to bits
>>either by the helicopter above unleashing a barrage of air to ground
>>missiles or by a single shot from the tank.
>>
>>I'm on Veteran difficulty, which I understand is part of the problem.
>>However, that's how I usually begin all of my games, for I like a
>>challenge. Neverthless, it is frustrating being killed, then starting all
>>over. Would anyone here be able to give me some more advice??
>>
>
>
>
Anonymous
July 17, 2005 7:16:48 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Well, it's not as easy as you make it out to be. I stated that I'm on
Veteran difficulty, so it's pretty much necessary to destroy that BMP before
I get the hell outta Dodge.

As if being shot at by ground soldiers wasn't enough I have a Soviet Hind on
my tail as I'm driving south on the paved roadway. It's shooting a barrage
of missiles at me. A there were some times when it hit me and disabled the
UAV I was driving. I mean, I totally lost steering control. So, I had to
jump out and hop into the light blue car sitting alongside the house in the
first town. The car was a bit faster, but slowed down significantly once
the tires went off road. That's what did it in for me

In the strategy guide it states to head south, then turn left onto the dirt
road at the next town. I'm supposed to jump out at the edge of the woods
and "run into the cover of the trees". I'm supposed to be captured while
advancing south.
"willem" <ofpwillem@hotmail.com> wrote in message
news:42da0ad9$0$69765$dbd4d001@news.wanadoo.nl...
> Done it long ago, but the most easy way for me was to snatch the green
> empty
> Dasia civil car in Provins. Drive out of Provins not south-bound, but
> easterly bound. At coordinates Fb58 take the dirt-road back to the west.
> Step out the Dasia at the forest, walk though the forest to the evac-site.
> Than it is a 'milk-run'.
> Anything extra one does, like taking the LAW and destroying the BMP, or
> killing some Russians is just for 'campaign-points' and your own fun.
>
>
Anonymous
July 18, 2005 4:35:24 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Sure, if you beat it!

But after the 15th fricking try it isn't fun, anymore.


"Ries" <ries2@cistron.nl> wrote in message
news:D bd9pm$gi0$1@news.cistron.nl...
> Funny, that mission was one of the most fun missions I played with OFP.
>
>
>
>
> Uziyahu wrote:
>> I never got past that mission.
>>
>> My advice. If you want to have FUN, either play OFP in multiplayer or
>> play No One Lives Forever.
>>
>> --Uzi
>>
>> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
>> news:qviCe.136820$go.25496@fed1read05...
>>
>>>I'm still stuck in the forest. I figured out a new plan, which involves
>>>grabbing the LAW launcher from an allied soldier who lies a few yards
>>>from my starting point in the forest. While I'm over him I snag another
>>>M16 magazine and a set of binoculars, then sprint back into the woods
>>>before being spotted and shot at.
>>>
>>>I dash up to the hill, get within sight of the BMP, then, with LAW in
>>>hands, I fire one rocket to blow up the armored vehicle. I then sprint
>>>for the UAV and head out of town. I can make it through the first town
>>>unscathed most of the time, but once I arrive in the second town, where a
>>>few troops and a tank await my arrival, I wind up being blown to bits
>>>either by the helicopter above unleashing a barrage of air to ground
>>>missiles or by a single shot from the tank.
>>>
>>>I'm on Veteran difficulty, which I understand is part of the problem.
>>>However, that's how I usually begin all of my games, for I like a
>>>challenge. Neverthless, it is frustrating being killed, then starting all
>>>over. Would anyone here be able to give me some more advice??
>>>
>>
>>
>>
>
July 18, 2005 1:15:55 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

> In the strategy guide it states to head south, then turn left onto the
> dirt road at the next town. I'm supposed to jump out at the edge of the
> woods and "run into the cover of the trees". I'm supposed to be captured
> while advancing south.

I don't think the strategy guide accounts for veteran difficulty! I
congratulate you for getting so far, you must be good. As I say, there are
people who claim to have played it well all the way through on veteran but,
Mmm, I don't think so! Give yourself a break :) 

Neil
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 3:46:51 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Well, I do have a few years of war FPS gaming experience. *grins* I'm not
the type to run 'n' gun, like those who play "Counter Strike" or "Halo".
"Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message
news:Q_GdnVu3b5ic-EbfRVnyig@pipex.net...
>> you must be good.
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 10:08:44 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

the strange meeting mission happens if u fail the mission before (too
many casualties meaning u have to abort before u get into montignac)
July 19, 2005 12:13:46 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Excellent!

Fab game eh?

Neil
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:13:47 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Yah... cool game. Now I see why I heard so much about it when it came out
4/5 years ago. I just wish they did a better job on graphics. Despite that
downfall, it's very realistic. Needless to say, I'm very impressed.

Right now I have joined forces with the Resistance fighters.

I have a question, if I'm on Veteran difficulty, does that mean I play
different missions than if I was to play on Cadet difficulty? For example,
does everyone play the mission where you're a lone survivor in the forest
and you must make it out alive and to the evac point, no matter what
difficulty you're playing?
"Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message
news:67idne_5UrZtOkHfRVnyuA@pipex.net...
> Excellent!
>
> Fab game eh?
>
> Neil
>
Anonymous
July 19, 2005 12:54:07 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

> Yah... cool game. Now I see why I heard so much about it when it came out
> 4/5 years ago. I just wish they did a better job on graphics.

Compare that with other games from 4/5 years ago--they did a fine job with
OFP.
July 19, 2005 3:09:13 PM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Hi,

The difficulty settings don't affect this. Remember that there's an awful
lot left to chance in the game, the "Strange meeting" mission seems to pop
up of its own accord and sometimes missions will be a success/washout with
you barely having the time or opportunity to do anything at all!

Neil

"Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
news:q23De.156312$go.85634@fed1read05...
> I have a question, if I'm on Veteran difficulty, does that mean I play
> different missions than if I was to play on Cadet difficulty? For
> example, does everyone play the mission where you're a lone survivor in
> the forest and you must make it out alive and to the evac point, no matter
> what difficulty you're playing?
July 21, 2005 1:26:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Yeah, the graphics have a charm of their own - especially the lighting.

Neil

"Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:spKdncqSMstvakHfRVn-iQ@magma.ca...
>> Yah... cool game. Now I see why I heard so much about it when it came
>> out 4/5 years ago. I just wish they did a better job on graphics.
>
> Compare that with other games from 4/5 years ago--they did a fine job with
> OFP.
>
>
July 21, 2005 1:27:19 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Yeah, the graphics have a charm of their own - especially the lighting.

Neil

"Homer J. Simpson" <root@127.0.0.1> wrote in message
news:spKdncqSMstvakHfRVn-iQ@magma.ca...
>> Yah... cool game. Now I see why I heard so much about it when it came
>> out 4/5 years ago. I just wish they did a better job on graphics.
>
> Compare that with other games from 4/5 years ago--they did a fine job with
> OFP.
>
>
Anonymous
July 21, 2005 2:53:29 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Ah, awesome mission, I got through it by playing hide and seek with the
Russians (I waited in the forest until the fog was heavy), didn't fire a
single shot. I played it in cadet mode though, more power to you for
making it in veteran :) 

Veit
Anonymous
July 24, 2005 2:14:53 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

"Veit" <gocubs@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:D bmdkk$v0q$02$1@news.t-online.com...
> Ah, awesome mission, I got through it by playing hide and seek with the
> Russians (I waited in the forest until the fog was heavy), didn't fire a
> single shot. I played it in cadet mode though, more power to you for
> making it in veteran :) 

Veit! Howdy, how are you? It's been about 4, maybe 5 years since we last
played?

Get back on line, mister :)  http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org :D 


--
Liddle Feesh

o
o
<"//><
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 5:00:30 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

Liddle Feesh wrote:

>
> Veit! Howdy, how are you? It's been about 4, maybe 5 years since we last
> played?
>
> Get back on line, mister :)  http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org :D 
>
>

Hy there Feesh!

I would like to go online for a game, but whenever I check the server
status on the website no one is there... :-/
Anonymous
July 30, 2005 11:21:31 AM

Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

check the Ventrillo status might be someone there waiting for other people
to show up. usually works for me
"Veit" <gocubs@gmx.net> wrote in message
news:D ceceq$3vk$00$1@news.t-online.com...
> Liddle Feesh wrote:
>
>>
>> Veit! Howdy, how are you? It's been about 4, maybe 5 years since we last
>> played?
>>
>> Get back on line, mister :)  http://tj-www.kicks-ass.org :D 
>>
>>
>
> Hy there Feesh!
>
> I would like to go online for a game, but whenever I check the server
> status on the website no one is there... :-/
!