Fedora Core 6 boot Issue

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Alright guys i am running into an issue with booting FC6
The computer posts and starts loading the bootloader. It gets to Configuring Swap Folder and checks ok. Then it goes to the next line and hangs(indefinitely).

The build has been stable for 3 months and has had no issues up until a reboot (my tech pulled the power on it accidentally). Since the reboot it has not gotten past the configuring swap folder step. The machine is only running Nagios, so i can reload from scratch but i wanted to try to fix it first. If not it looks like a format and load Ubuntu. :D

Note: I do not have a boot disk.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advanced...

linux_0

Splendid
During boot hit the arrow keys to stop GRUB and bring up the menu.

Select your current kernel with the arrow keys

Press e to edit

Select the kernel line and press e to edit

add a space and the word single at the end of the line

press enter

then when it goes back to the kernel line press b to boot

That should drop you to a shell

Then edit /etc/fstab and comment out the swap line by adding a # in front of it

and fsck your filesystem ( s )

GL :-D

Alright guys i am running into an issue with booting FC6
The computer posts and starts loading the bootloader. It gets to Configuring Swap Folder and checks ok. Then it goes to the next line and hangs(indefinitely).

The build has been stable for 3 months and has had no issues up until a reboot (my tech pulled the power on it accidentally). Since the reboot it has not gotten past the configuring swap folder step. The machine is only running Nagios, so i can reload from scratch but i wanted to try to fix it first. If not it looks like a format and load Ubuntu. :D

Note: I do not have a boot disk.

Any ideas??? Thanks in advanced...

LVDAX

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
Its only 1 of 3 nagios boxes for network monitoring. I have backups of the nagios config but not of the box itself. The other 2 are running Ubuntu so this might just be my chance to roll this one over.

I've run fsck in the past and always do backups before (if i can).

Thanks again.