Changing difficulty in mid-campaign

Should there be any noticeable difference when changing from Veteran to
Cadet in mid-campaign? I tried it, but still cannot get past the second
village while driving the UAZ.

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Good question.. I have a feeling you can't change mid campaign. Luckily
you're not massively far into the game.. Start another (Cadet) profile and
enjoy breezing through. Last time I managed to avoid "Alone in the woods"
altogether and played "Strange meeting". Far less frustrating, but it's
seemingly random whether you trigger it or not.

www.theavonlady.org/theofpfaq/

If you haven't already, go there^^

Even if it doesn't answer your specific questions, it's still a brilliant
read - by a citizen of one of the most warlike countries in the world no
less :)

Neil

"Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
> Should there be any noticeable difference when changing from Veteran to
> Cadet in mid-campaign? I tried it, but still cannot get past the second
> village while driving the UAZ.

In the above thread, "No way out", you implied that I was playing the game
for the second time. Actually, Neil, this is my first, which explains why I
have so many questions.

> In the above thread, "No way out", you implied that I was playing the game
> for the second time. Actually, Neil, this is my first, which explains why
> I have so many questions.

Oops, a grammatical error - hadn't assumed that at all - ask away :)

Neil

So, then tell me what the point is to the time acceleration feature? Sure
it's great for whenever you start out deep in the woods, for example, and
are sick of the long trek to your objective, but other than that it doesn't
keep you from being shot. That is unless it is only you who is
accelerating, not the A.I.

> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
>> In the above thread, "No way out", you implied that I was playing the
>> game for the second time. Actually, Neil, this is my first, which
>> explains why I have so many questions.
>
> Oops, a grammatical error - hadn't assumed that at all - ask away :)
>
> Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

The time acceleration feature is to remove the boredom of long journeys in
trucks, tanks, crawling (As a black op, you'll definitely use it!) and just
the alleviation of boredom when waiting.

Of course for a truly authentic experience you need never use it :)

> So, then tell me what the point is to the time acceleration feature? Sure
> it's great for whenever you start out deep in the woods, for example, and
> are sick of the long trek to your objective, but other than that it
> doesn't keep you from being shot. That is unless it is only you who is
> accelerating, not the A.I.

As opposed to a citizen of one of the most "Bomb Us, We Don't Care!"
countries in the world?

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> As opposed to a citizen of one of the most "Bomb Us, We Don't Care!"
> countries in the world?

Spiky!

No one person can claim responsibility for the madness of our governments;
I'm not going to for my demented lot and I don't expect you to for yours
either :). There's a Latin saying that gave the Luger pistol it's full name:
"If you want peace, prepare for war"

Neil

Uziyahu wrote:
> As opposed to a citizen of one of the most "Bomb Us, We Don't Care!"
> countries in the world?

I say old chap.
Haven't you heard of the 'stiff upper lip' ;-)