Locating File Names over 25 characters in length?

When using NERO for burning data disks, no file name longer than 25
characters can be used. The nero feedback gives the list of files with names
longer than 25 characters, but in my case there must be 55 such file names.

Is there any meta command in Word, like the find and replace command for
single documents, that will locate any file name over 25 characters, in over
29 folders, each of which may have up to 150 file names?

There is no copy command with NERO to print the list to make it easy to
rename the files, so one must hand print each name, folder, etc. which is
very time consuming.

Thanks for any help you might give.

Thomboy

On Fri, 29 Apr 2005 22:41:01 -0700, "=?Utf-8?B?VGhvbWJveQ==?="
<Thomboy@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>When using NERO for burning data disks, no file name longer than 25
>characters can be used. The nero feedback gives the list of files with names
>longer than 25 characters, but in my case there must be 55 such file names.

Easy!
Go to http://www.dcsoft.com/products.htm and download Long File
Finder. (Freeware)

--