reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
As seperate companies, comodore has bad ass core 2 and core quads in sweets custom cases, amiga has a powerpc based computer running amigaos. Im a nostalgic kinda guy, i could see myselg maybe picking up a commodore, but as much as i loved my amigas, i wouldnt touch that one with a ten foot pole. powerpc and amiga are not gonna be revelent to todays consumers, the comodore brand my rock and roll though.

Ranman68k

Distinguished
Dec 19, 2006
As seperate companies, comodore has bad ass core 2 and core quads in sweets custom cases, amiga has a powerpc based computer running amigaos. Im a nostalgic kinda guy, i could see myselg maybe picking up a commodore, but as much as i loved my amigas, i wouldnt touch that one with a ten foot pole. powerpc and amiga are not gonna be revelent to todays consumers, the comodore brand my rock and roll though.

Woo hoo!

www.amiga.com
www.commodoregaming.com

I want one of each.

Reality check... Don't think my wife is going to allow that. :(

easyg

Distinguished
Apr 10, 2007
I probably would get one if it looked like a C 64....

Now all we need is for Tandy to get back into the game with a relaunch of the Trash-80.

DJ_Jumbles

Distinguished
Feb 28, 2007
Considering that I still have my original C64 with the 1541 disk drive, tape drive, and everything else (Atari Joysticks.. lol) in a box that I bring out sometimes just to have some fun with it, this is good news. Too bad that about the only thing that they did to keep it a Commodore was use the logo. Considering that their new computers are 64 bit, they could call them the Commodore 64 v2 or something...lol
Anyway, nothing new here, just the rebirth of a trademark. It's not like they're innovating anything new, just putting the old Commodore mark on the sides. For the money, you could build your own and get the case airbrushed by a local artist. Just a thougt.

reconviperone1

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2006
You would think the amiag company would have used intel or amd chips for there systems unstead of powerpc chips, amigas were badass gaming systems in my day