have a message i am worried about

i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it says.....updating
windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple LOL
Jayne

ok did that, i assume i am looking for something that says system 32, which i
couldnt find.......as i was doing this i got the black box again, and my
virus checker threw up, Trojan.low zones and trojan isbar 83. which i cured
but it just keeps happening............help me someone..........

"Jayne12556" wrote:

> i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it says.....updating
> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple LOL
> Jayne

rick, i printed out yr instructions but dont understand any of it, <filename>
wot am i looking for..........Expand the plus..omg wot does that mean.....see
yold u.......i dont have a clue.....and the problem is getting
worse..............sorry but i cant do this, it really is japenese to
me.......wot can i do

"Jayne12556" wrote:

> i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it says.....updating
> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple LOL
> Jayne

Hi,

Removing trojans:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#trojan

Feel free to ask follow up questions if you need clarification on any of the
steps.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Jayne12556" <Jayne12556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> ok did that, i assume i am looking for something that says system 32,
> which i
> couldnt find.......as i was doing this i got the black box again, and my
> virus checker threw up, Trojan.low zones and trojan isbar 83. which i
> cured
> but it just keeps happening............help me someone..........
>
> "Jayne12556" wrote:
>
>> i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
>> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
>> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it
>> says.....updating
>> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
>> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
>> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple
>> LOL
>> Jayne

Hi,

Replace <filename> with cms.exe

When you run the regedit program, in the left pane you will see a series of
folders, similar to Windows Explorer, that have a + (plus) sign in front of
them. Clicking on it will expand the branches below it so that you can reach
the ones listed there.

--

> rick, i printed out yr instructions but dont understand any of it,
> <filename>
> wot am i looking for..........Expand the plus..omg wot does that
> mean.....see
> yold u.......i dont have a clue.....and the problem is getting
> worse..............sorry but i cant do this, it really is japenese to
> me.......wot can i do
>
> "Jayne12556" wrote:
>
>> i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
>> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
>> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it
>> says.....updating
>> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
>> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
>> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple
>> LOL
>> Jayne

Start>Run and tpye in "msconfig" without the quotes. Go to "Startup" tab and see if there is an entry related to this file. If so, uncheck it and restart.

"Jayne12556" <Jayne12556@discussions.microsoft.com> escribió en el mensaje news:C0A07A98-9978-4755-A702-0D4B8C9B9536@microsoft.com...
>i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it says.....updating
> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple LOL
> Jayne

dont blame being dumb for being stupid.
My mum, the most untecnical and non computer literate person in the world
followed thsoe instructions last week when i sent them to her.

Anyway i just feel like being a bitch cos I hate people using the "Im a
female" excuse.

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Replace <filename> with cms.exe
>
> When you run the regedit program, in the left pane you will see a series of
> folders, similar to Windows Explorer, that have a + (plus) sign in front of
> them. Clicking on it will expand the branches below it so that you can reach
> the ones listed there.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "Jayne12556" <Jayne12556@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > rick, i printed out yr instructions but dont understand any of it,
> > <filename>
> > wot am i looking for..........Expand the plus..omg wot does that
> > mean.....see
> > yold u.......i dont have a clue.....and the problem is getting
> > worse..............sorry but i cant do this, it really is japenese to
> > me.......wot can i do
> >
> > "Jayne12556" wrote:
> >
> >> i just went onto broadband, and think i got q virus, id followd all the
> >> instructions, but am now left with this.......a black box comes up
> >> saying...C:\Windows|System32\cms.exe then in the box it
> >> says.....updating
> >> windows shell files....but nothing happens......then a page tries to
> >> open.....msn.com, but it doesnt open...can someone advise me wot to
> >> do.........bear in mind i am also blonde and females, so please be simple
> >> LOL
> >> Jayne

Deleted member k

plez esplain again wot is problem