Which guy''s head will be shaved at Wrestlemania 23?

• Vincent Kennedy Mcmahon

Votes: 3 75.0%
  • Donald Trump

Votes: 1 25.0%

• Total voters

the_pulp

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Does IP software like Hide IP platinum really works?

can admin detect my orginal ip in forum if i use hide ip platinum?

this is a noob question,sorry if it is in wrong section.

I know the poll is not related with this thread but this WWE's match is so hot now-a-days. :lol: :p

hubbardt

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
In my opinion this type of product is a bit useless.
It basically redirects your traffic via an anonymous proxy server.

You will get slower downloads of pages and you can never truly hide your IP address.

click me !

hubbardt

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
To be honest there is no such thing as being able to hide your I.P.

When you click on a link the computer sends out data packets which contain (amongst other things) your I.P address. When the server sees your request it passes the data packets back to the address they originated from. If you were able to truly hide your I.P address the server would not know where to send the data to .....

click me !

Are you concerned about using P2P software ?

the_pulp

Distinguished
Apr 11, 2006
Are you concerned about using P2P software ?

No i was just asking whether it is able to hide original ip or not and i got my answer.

thank u very much :wink:

hubbardt

Distinguished
Nov 19, 2004
No problem.

What some people do to "hide" their I.P address is to not directly connect to a system but rather make many indirect connections before finally connecting to the target system. Back tracking to the original owner would be a tedious job. This method would be very slow as well as unstable.

E.g. you connect to an anonymous Proxy and from there connect to another and another and another, before finally connecting to your target system.

:twisted: