What is SpeedFan reading the temps of?

N7SC

Distinguished
Jan 24, 2007
Besides the processor cores and the Tcase diode?

Just put together my new E6600/Gigabyte 965P-DS3 system, and am temporarily playing around with it using the stock Intel hovercraft. The Swiftech H2O-120 kit is scheduled to arrive on Tuesday. Would like to figure out what each of the temps SpeedFan reports actually is.

It shows T1, T2, and T3, in addition to Core0 and Core1 temps. Have figured that T2 must be Tcase (the center diode, between the cores in the processor), because it rises very quickly after the two core temps start to go up under load, and is the only one that does.

However, the one that seems to be Tcase shows temps that are usually 8 to 10 deg. C. below ambient, so I'm not so sure about it. One other one, T1, seems to be about 10 deg. C above ambient, and very slowly rises and falls with the load on the computer. And one of the other temps (of what, I do not know) always shows -1 deg. C. How do I figure out exactly what these other two temps are supposed to be? All the data that SpeedFan gives me on these temps are identical, so there is no way to figure it out there.