  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 12:15:22 AM

Alright, so I'm still on Veteran difficulty. I've made it through a few
missions after being alone in the forest without too much difficulty. Some
made me wonder if they were supposed to be difficult or just easy. Anyway,
I'm now playing the mission where me and my comrades must defend the port.
I'm ordered to man the machine gun near the house, which turns out to be
more difficult than I originally anticipated for I keep getting killed. The
problem is seeing the enemy from a distance. In many cases I cannot even
see where the shots are coming from before one hits and kills me. I'm
shooting dead center and spraying, but without luck. Any advice?

By the way... has anyone here played "Red Hammer"? I'm thinking about
starting that.

More about : wow tough

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 4:43:52 PM

Yeah, but I didn't finish Red Hammer, either.

Same deal. The occasional very difficult mission.

The story is interesting.

"Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
> Alright, so I'm still on Veteran difficulty. I've made it through a few
> missions after being alone in the forest without too much difficulty.
> Some made me wonder if they were supposed to be difficult or just easy.
> Anyway, I'm now playing the mission where me and my comrades must defend
> the port. I'm ordered to man the machine gun near the house, which turns
> out to be more difficult than I originally anticipated for I keep getting
> killed. The problem is seeing the enemy from a distance. In many cases I
> cannot even see where the shots are coming from before one hits and kills
> me. I'm shooting dead center and spraying, but without luck. Any advice?
>
> By the way... has anyone here played "Red Hammer"? I'm thinking about
> starting that.

July 21, 2005 7:40:17 PM

The port mission is quite hard - even after you think you've finished, so
watch out.

Don't man the machine gun, just pick a spot, lay down with your rifle in
single shot mode and blast away at the beach. You might want to try a higher
resolution if you're having trouble seeing the baddies at a distance.

Red Hammer is cool, but can be pillow bitingly difficult. I'd recommend
Resistance most of all, as you get some lovely new vehicles/features etc.

Neil

"Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
> Alright, so I'm still on Veteran difficulty. I've made it through a few
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 21, 2005 8:55:55 PM

Well, I did manage to get past this mission. While manning the machine gun
I sprayed and prayed and survived. I'm now an M60 tank commander in the
next mission.

"Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message
> The port mission is quite hard - even after you think you've finished, so
> watch out.
>
> Don't man the machine gun, just pick a spot, lay down with your rifle in
> single shot mode and blast away at the beach. You might want to try a
> higher resolution if you're having trouble seeing the baddies at a
> distance.
>
> Red Hammer is cool, but can be pillow bitingly difficult. I'd recommend
> Resistance most of all, as you get some lovely new vehicles/features etc.
>
> Neil
>
> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
>> Alright, so I'm still on Veteran difficulty. I've made it through a few

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 22, 2005 5:47:33 PM

You are right-clicking and firing into the box you create when you right
click, yes? I'm sure you are getting the diamond and square symbol when you
fire your machine gun or your tank weapon (either in the port or in the
tank).
Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 26, 2005 4:39:38 AM

So that's what I'm doing wrong! I haven't been biting on a pillow!

--Uzi

"Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message
> The port mission is quite hard - even after you think you've finished, so
> watch out.
>
> Don't man the machine gun, just pick a spot, lay down with your rifle in
> single shot mode and blast away at the beach. You might want to try a
> higher resolution if you're having trouble seeing the baddies at a
> distance.
>
> Red Hammer is cool, but can be pillow bitingly difficult. I'd recommend
> Resistance most of all, as you get some lovely new vehicles/features etc.
>
> Neil
>
> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
>> Alright, so I'm still on Veteran difficulty. I've made it through a few

Anonymous
a b Ý World of Warcraft
July 26, 2005 12:36:27 PM

Uziyahu wrote:
> So that's what I'm doing wrong! I haven't been biting on a pillow!
>
> --Uzi

That's not what your boyfriend's been saying ;-)
!