what should i keep my eye on (Jun/Jul)

regamon

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2007
i've been reading this forum for a little while and want to eventually build my own computer (first time doing that), however, i won't really have the time/money to build until june 25th or so. i know there's going to be a lot of new releases coming out soon for processors and video cards, so i want to make sure that i stay up on it all and have all this information in one place.

from what i gather (but correct me if i'm wrong):

mid may - amd releases barcelona and hd 2900 xt
mid june - amd releases hd 2900 xtx
end of june - nvidia releases ge 8900s (paper launch?)
sometime q3 - intel price drops (the q6600 is looking good)
sometime late q4 - intel releases penryn, etc.

am i missing something in here or have the wrong info? also, if i'm not building until at least june 25th, i think it would be better to wait until july for the 8900s to see if there are any price drops on the 8800s (i'm thinking about getting the 8800 gts 640mb). does anyone have a specific date for the q3 intel price drops? finally, does anyone know if there are going to be any new motherboards coming out soon that are worthwhile to consider?

thanks so much.

The price drops will more than likely come in q3 before barcy comes out, tho they may keep them elevated until the DT barcy is released, as so far it looks like the server chip will preceed it by a short while. As for the 8900s, no idea. And the xtx? Its a mystery

TRENDING THREADS