rkotraba

Distinguished
Mar 23, 2007
I have a new Vista 64-bit system up and running except for one thing. Can't get the USB to work at all. If I put a flash card directly into the motherboard (Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H), I get a "Found New Hardware" message. I follow the steps but it always ends up unable to find a driver.

In the front I have an Atech XM-28U. I've downloaded the Vista64 drivers for this, but get this message when I try to install them "A service installation section in this INF is invalid."

Solution
I have a new Vista 64-bit system up and running except for one thing. Can't get the USB to work at all. If I put a flash card directly into the motherboard (Foxconn P9657AA-8KS2H), I get a "Found New Hardware" message. I follow the steps but it always ends up unable to find a driver.

In the front I have an Atech XM-28U. I've downloaded the Vista64 drivers for this, but get this message when I try to install them "A service installation section in this INF is invalid."

Assuming USB originates on your MoBo... Have you installed the 64-bit inf files for your motherboard? Go to 'Device Manager' (same place and operates the same way as XP). Do you have anything in error (or maybe, do you have anything that doesn't have an error)...

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005

Assuming USB originates on your MoBo... Have you installed the 64-bit inf files for your motherboard? Go to 'Device Manager' (same place and operates the same way as XP). Do you have anything in error (or maybe, do you have anything that doesn't have an error).

As a good first-step, look at the 'Universal Serial Bus Controllers' section to see if the root hubs are supported.

Solution