Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Good news- I just got the confirmation that my free Vista Home Premium upgrade coupon deal was shipped.

Bad news- I only have 1 comp, and am not ready to let go of XP MCE yet.

I do, however, have 2 hard drives. Is it possible to keep XP running on one and vista on the other? It is an upgrade, so I was wondering if I can install mce without registering on the 2nd hd, then upgrade to vista and register it? That way i would have xp and vista without any hassles involved. For now it is just a test run anyway.

alcattle

Distinguished
Jan 25, 2007
simple answer is yes. You can dual boot XP and Vista. Doing on 2 drives might be a little tricky but from what I read Vista know how to handle that part. I hear that Skyguy is Dual booting, not sure if it what you are looking for. PM him and google for Vista XP dual boot.

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
simple answer is yes. You can dual boot XP and Vista. Doing on 2 drives might be a little tricky but from what I read Vista know how to handle that part. I hear that Skyguy is Dual booting, not sure if it what you are looking for. PM him and google for Vista XP dual boot.

Thanks for answering my first question! But I still do have an issue...can I upgrade to a new os without registering the first?