How do I configure my settings for my power supply !!!

dieharddave

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
A few months ago i posted a note about having to reboot my computer twice everytime i want to get on my computer. It was after I upgraded to win2k the problem started to accure. Prior to upgrading to win2k i was running win98se which booted up once. Like it should. So the problem accured when i upgraded to win2k. Someone responded to my post by informing me it was my settings for my power supply which makes sense. My question after more than a month of blowing it off is how do i reconfigure my power supply? Is is something i can do in windows or does it require me to adjust my settings in my bios?
Thanks,
Dave

juice

Distinguished
Feb 22, 2001
Power supply? I think they might be taking about power mgmt. in the bios or control panel open up power options. Play with those settings. Sorry i can't give you more info. on this don't have this problem.

:cool: <font color=blue> I know nothing that is why i am here at THG!</font color=blue>

dieharddave

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
Thanks for responding. I have been playing with the power mgmt but no solution. Hmm, i will keep on playing. Thanks again.
Dave

jasen

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2001
What do you mean by boot up twice? how far into the boot process does 2K get before it stops, or reboots? It may be a driver issue as well.

dieharddave

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2001
I have to boot up twice to see my desktop. The first time i boot up it installs win2k then right before it gets to my desktop it shows up with a blue screen(not blue death screen). So i restart my computer and then it goes right to my desktop. I do have one driver issue. It is for my multimedia controller but i do not know what it wants. It does not tell me what device it needs a driver for.
Thanks,
Dave

CALV

Distinguished
May 17, 2001
I have exactly the same problem on my 98 system, it WONT cold boot properly, get to the bit where it restores network connections, then I get a BSOD, the BSOD just reoccurs, Im overcloced somewhat but even at default speed it does it, VERY annoying, once I reset, its ok.

Next time you wave - use all your fingers