Looking for some sound pack links

I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
link to? TIA.
18 answers Last reply
More about looking sound pack links
  1. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.

    --Uzi

    "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
    > Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
    > have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
    > link to? TIA.

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.

    Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you can
    install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP parts
    weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
    select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.

    --
    Jan van Zanten
    Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >> ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.
    >
    > Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
    > can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP
    > parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Jaffo,

    Don't track down an old DRS soundpack. Those are way behind the times, and
    there are much better soundpacks out there than the original DRS.

    Now, the one included with ECP is, I think, the best soundpack out there.
    You can use it without using ECP as noted in the posts above.

    Other soundpacks I like (I still think DRS is the best): Besides DRS, I
    think the Kyllikki soundpack and Battlefield Insane are some of the best.

    Then, you've got your "lower tier" stuff like SoundWright, SpaceAlex, and
    Battlesounds. I wouldn't even bother with any of those--they're better than
    original OFP but not near in the class of DRS, Kyllikki, or Battlefield
    Insane.

    The FDF mod has a pretty damn good soundpack too.

    C.
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Oh, I thought of two more soundpacks, if you want to try them (but I'd put
    these in the lower "tier" group--not as good a DRS, Kyllikki, or Battlefield
    Insane):

    AdvocateSound

    Sam's Sound Mod
  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    I have a Dynamic Range mod folder if you want it upped to the usual place.

    --
    Kango <TZW>

    "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
    > I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
    > Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
    > have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
    > link to? TIA.

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    >I have a Dynamic Range mod folder if you want it upped to the usual place.

    That would be most kind Kango.

    Well, after much fruitless searching, I thought I'd post links to the few
    bits I've found.

    Kyllikki Sound Pack 1.1.
    http://www.playtrix.net/download/OFP/

    Battlefield Insane (zip for 1.21 is corrupt though)
    http://svd.s20.xrea.com

    Battlesounds 1.1
    http://www.mtco.com/games/downloads/Battlesounds11.zip

    Didn't particularly like the Kyllikki one after all that, Battlesounds was
    ok and have yet to find a download for 1.2 or 1.21 of BF Insane (I have a
    1.2 to 1.21 patch though!). In the end, I even tried the new ECP. The DR
    sound was cool as usual, effects were nice and I liked being able to control
    choppers etc in my squad but you just know there'll be MP probs so am
    sticking with FlashFX 1.9 which does all the effects I need and works fine
    in MP.
  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > choppers etc in my squad but you just know there'll be MP probs so am
    > sticking with FlashFX 1.9 which does all the effects I need and works fine
    > in MP.

    What's the FlashFX thingy? What's it do?

    C.
  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    What do you think of ECP, Ned?

    --Uzi

    "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    > Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
    > select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
    >
    > --
    > Jan van Zanten
    > Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    > "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    >>> ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.
    >>
    >> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
    >> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP
    >> parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    it caused a server crash CTI I think he dumped it
    "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
    > What do you think of ECP, Ned?
    >
    > --Uzi
    >
    > "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >> Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
    >> select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jan van Zanten
    >> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
    >>> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the
    >>> ECP parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

  11. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > What's the FlashFX thingy? What's it do?

    It's an effects pack like ECP. It comes with a singleplayer and multiplayer
    config. I just use the MP one and it works fine online, ECP is too unstable
    in MP.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Now, the one included with ECP is, I think, the best soundpack out there.
    > You can use it without using ECP as noted in the posts above.

    I installed the new ECP yesterday to check that out but it still installs
    some ECP core stuff.

    > Other soundpacks I like (I still think DRS is the best): Besides DRS, I
    > think the Kyllikki soundpack and Battlefield Insane are some of the best.

    I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down but
    I quite liked Battlesounds. Have you got a link for Battlefield Insane? The
    zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is corrupt.
  13. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > I installed the new ECP yesterday to check that out but it still installs
    > some ECP core stuff.

    I've got a special DRS that I've been playing around with for a while--it's
    something that I've tinkered with. When I hear a sound I like, I replace it
    in the DRS-jury-rigged version I have.

    > I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down
    > but I quite liked Battlesounds.

    The thing about Battlesounds is that it doesn't replace a lot of sounds--not
    near as many as DRS or Battlefield Insane.

    >> Have you got a link for Battlefield Insane? The
    > zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is corrupt.

    I'll have to look for you. I'd send it to you, but I'm on dial-up. The
    dude that put it together is in Japan, and English isn't his first language.
    I spoke with him several months ago (maybe a year), and he was working on a
    whole new soundpack. Judging from Battlefield Insane, I bet it will be
    pretty good.

    Strange, though. Battlefield Insane is such a good soundpack yet not many
    people know about it.

    I'll look for that link.
  14. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    I like it for SP.. All the environment stuff is really a joy.. In MP it gets
    a bit annoying since the chat inside armour, and the AI chatting to each
    other make it hard for me to follow the guys on ventrilo.

    The explosions, and all the other things are great though, it's a complete
    new experience.

    BUT, I'm going to bin it; we had 3 people with ECP yesterday on our TZWcrCTI
    game crashing to desktop, and after an hour the server crashed too. It's not
    going to make it to the server, and I'm going to deinstall it like I did
    before. Only DR I keep.

    --
    NedFox <TZW>

    "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
    > What do you think of ECP, Ned?
    >
    > --Uzi
    >
    > "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >> Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
    >> select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jan van Zanten
    >> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
    >>>
    >>> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
    >>> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the
    >>> ECP parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

  15. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down
    > but I quite liked Battlesounds. Have you got a link for Battlefield
    > Insane? The zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is
    corrupt.

    Jaffo,

    I stumbled across a Battlefield Insane-ish soundpack tonight, if you
    already
    haven't found it. I haven't heard it, but the web site says it's quite
    good.

    http://ofp.ipgn.com.au/show_page.asp?page=files&sid=4
  16. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > I stumbled across a Battlefield Insane-ish soundpack tonight, if you
    > already
    > haven't found it. I haven't heard it, but the web site says it's quite
    > good.
    >
    > http://ofp.ipgn.com.au/show_page.asp?page=files&sid=4

    Ooops, spoke too soon. I see they've got the full Battlefield Insane
    pack,
    with the patch, on that site as well.
  17. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Cheers Communique

    :)
  18. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Cheers Communique

    You'll like Battlefield Insane. I like DRS a tad better--because of the
    explosion and weapon sounds.

    But BI, hands down, has the best vehicle sounds. I mean, when an M113
    rolls
    past you, that SOB is RIGHT THERE in front of you, shaking the ground.
    You
    can feel it when it moves.

    Also, BI has the best rain and thunder sounds I've heard in a soundpack.

    The ECP guys need to take the vehicle and thunder/rain sounds from BI and
    stick them into their, otherwise awesome, DRS pack. THEN we're talking an
    incredible soundpack.

Games Video Games