  • Games
  • Video Games
Last response: in Video Games
July 25, 2005 3:39:54 PM

I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
link to? TIA.

More about : sound pack links

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 5:24:22 PM

ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.

--Uzi

"Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
> Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
> have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
> link to? TIA.

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 7:38:10 PM

> ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.

Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you can
install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP parts
weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).
July 25, 2005 8:59:58 PM

Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.

--
Jan van Zanten
Systeembeheer SG Marianum
>> ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.
>
> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP
> parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

Anonymous
July 25, 2005 11:29:16 PM

Jaffo,

Don't track down an old DRS soundpack. Those are way behind the times, and
there are much better soundpacks out there than the original DRS.

Now, the one included with ECP is, I think, the best soundpack out there.
You can use it without using ECP as noted in the posts above.

Other soundpacks I like (I still think DRS is the best): Besides DRS, I
think the Kyllikki soundpack and Battlefield Insane are some of the best.

Then, you've got your "lower tier" stuff like SoundWright, SpaceAlex, and
Battlesounds. I wouldn't even bother with any of those--they're better than
original OFP but not near in the class of DRS, Kyllikki, or Battlefield
Insane.

The FDF mod has a pretty damn good soundpack too.

C.
Anonymous
July 25, 2005 11:34:52 PM

Oh, I thought of two more soundpacks, if you want to try them (but I'd put
these in the lower "tier" group--not as good a DRS, Kyllikki, or Battlefield
Insane):

AdvocateSound

Sam's Sound Mod
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 12:24:27 AM

I have a Dynamic Range mod folder if you want it upped to the usual place.

--
Kango <TZW>

"Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I'm having great difficulty tracking down the Kyllikki sound pack and
> Satchels Dynamic Range pack. Every link I've found is dead. Does anybody
> have the last versions of either of these they could upload or provide a
> link to? TIA.

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:33:05 AM

>I have a Dynamic Range mod folder if you want it upped to the usual place.

That would be most kind Kango.

Well, after much fruitless searching, I thought I'd post links to the few
bits I've found.

Kyllikki Sound Pack 1.1.
http://www.playtrix.net/download/OFP/

Battlefield Insane (zip for 1.21 is corrupt though)
http://svd.s20.xrea.com

Battlesounds 1.1
http://www.mtco.com/games/downloads/Battlesounds11.zip

Didn't particularly like the Kyllikki one after all that, Battlesounds was
ok and have yet to find a download for 1.2 or 1.21 of BF Insane (I have a
1.2 to 1.21 patch though!). In the end, I even tried the new ECP. The DR
sound was cool as usual, effects were nice and I liked being able to control
choppers etc in my squad but you just know there'll be MP probs so am
sticking with FlashFX 1.9 which does all the effects I need and works fine
in MP.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:33:06 AM

> choppers etc in my squad but you just know there'll be MP probs so am
> sticking with FlashFX 1.9 which does all the effects I need and works fine
> in MP.

What's the FlashFX thingy? What's it do?

C.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:28:53 AM

What do you think of ECP, Ned?

--Uzi

"NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
> Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
> select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
>
> --
> Jan van Zanten
> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>> ECP 1.085 has the Dynamic Range sound pack in it.
>>
>> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
>> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the ECP
>> parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:49:12 AM

it caused a server crash CTI I think he dumped it
"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> What do you think of ECP, Ned?
>
> --Uzi
>
> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
>> Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
>> select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
>>
>> --
>> Jan van Zanten
>> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
>> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>>
>>> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
>>> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the
>>> ECP parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:20:40 PM

> What's the FlashFX thingy? What's it do?

It's an effects pack like ECP. It comes with a singleplayer and multiplayer
config. I just use the MP one and it works fine online, ECP is too unstable
in MP.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 1:25:05 PM

> Now, the one included with ECP is, I think, the best soundpack out there.
> You can use it without using ECP as noted in the posts above.

I installed the new ECP yesterday to check that out but it still installs
some ECP core stuff.

> Other soundpacks I like (I still think DRS is the best): Besides DRS, I
> think the Kyllikki soundpack and Battlefield Insane are some of the best.

I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down but
I quite liked Battlesounds. Have you got a link for Battlefield Insane? The
zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is corrupt.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 8:39:26 PM

> I installed the new ECP yesterday to check that out but it still installs
> some ECP core stuff.

I've got a special DRS that I've been playing around with for a while--it's
something that I've tinkered with. When I hear a sound I like, I replace it
in the DRS-jury-rigged version I have.

> I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down
> but I quite liked Battlesounds.

The thing about Battlesounds is that it doesn't replace a lot of sounds--not
near as many as DRS or Battlefield Insane.

>> Have you got a link for Battlefield Insane? The
> zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is corrupt.

I'll have to look for you. I'd send it to you, but I'm on dial-up. The
dude that put it together is in Japan, and English isn't his first language.
I spoke with him several months ago (maybe a year), and he was working on a
whole new soundpack. Judging from Battlefield Insane, I bet it will be
pretty good.

Strange, though. Battlefield Insane is such a good soundpack yet not many
people know about it.

I'll look for that link.
Anonymous
July 26, 2005 9:09:30 PM

I like it for SP.. All the environment stuff is really a joy.. In MP it gets
a bit annoying since the chat inside armour, and the AI chatting to each
other make it hard for me to follow the guys on ventrilo.

The explosions, and all the other things are great though, it's a complete
new experience.

BUT, I'm going to bin it; we had 3 people with ECP yesterday on our TZWcrCTI
game crashing to desktop, and after an hour the server crashed too. It's not
going to make it to the server, and I'm going to deinstall it like I did
before. Only DR I keep.

--
NedFox <TZW>

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> schreef in bericht
> What do you think of ECP, Ned?
>
> --Uzi
>
> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
>> Jaffo, you don't have to uninstall ECP to get DR only.. You simply don't
>> select "ECP core" when installing, and ONLY select DR.
>>
>> --
>> Jan van Zanten
>> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
>> "Jaffo" <REMOVETHISjaffo@hotmail.com> schreef in bericht
>>>
>>> Yeah, I'd rather not have any ECP stuff though. I've been told that you
>>> can install ECP+DR then disable the ECP components but I'd rather the
>>> ECP parts weren't there at all (I'm quite happy with FlashFX).

Anonymous
August 17, 2005 2:34:36 AM

> I wasn't overly keen on the Kyllikki one when I finally tracked it down
> but I quite liked Battlesounds. Have you got a link for Battlefield
> Insane? The zip file you can get from a link on it's homepage is
corrupt.

Jaffo,

I stumbled across a Battlefield Insane-ish soundpack tonight, if you
already
haven't found it. I haven't heard it, but the web site says it's quite
good.

http://ofp.ipgn.com.au/show_page.asp?page=files&sid=4
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 4:34:31 AM

> I stumbled across a Battlefield Insane-ish soundpack tonight, if you
> already
> haven't found it. I haven't heard it, but the web site says it's quite
> good.
>
> http://ofp.ipgn.com.au/show_page.asp?page=files&sid=4

Ooops, spoke too soon. I see they've got the full Battlefield Insane
pack,
with the patch, on that site as well.
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 1:30:41 PM

Cheers Communique

:)
Anonymous
August 17, 2005 8:05:50 PM

> Cheers Communique

You'll like Battlefield Insane. I like DRS a tad better--because of the
explosion and weapon sounds.

But BI, hands down, has the best vehicle sounds. I mean, when an M113
rolls
past you, that SOB is RIGHT THERE in front of you, shaking the ground.
You
can feel it when it moves.

Also, BI has the best rain and thunder sounds I've heard in a soundpack.

The ECP guys need to take the vehicle and thunder/rain sounds from BI and
stick them into their, otherwise awesome, DRS pack. THEN we're talking an
incredible soundpack.
!