WiseCustomCalla.dll is invalid or could not be found

NoodleTech

Distinguished
Aug 9, 2006
Hey guys I just finished reformatting my shuttle xpc and installed a fresh copy of Windows XP Pro SP2. So when I'm attempting to install steam, I get this error message: Error in custom action. The library C:\WINDOWS\048298C9A4D3490B9FF9AB023A9238F3.TMP\WiseCustomCalla.dll is invalid or could not be found. I click ok and the installation continues and it pops up at random times throughout the installation. So I try uninstalling it and reinstalling it. While uninstalling it I get that same error message a couple of times. Then I proceed to delete the steam folder and registry entries and try reinstalling again. Same error. Now steam and cs work fine even though this error message pops up, but I am paranoid about this error message because I just did a fresh reformat. Anybody know why I might be getting this error message?

Here are some screenshots of the message:
Screenshot1
Screenshot2

corney_boy

Distinguished
May 27, 2009
Or you could delete the .tmp file from your windows folder. When running install again it puts a fresh copy of it! and it works :sol:

BothanJedi

Distinguished
May 30, 2011
I found the same folder in my C:\\users(then your username) folder. So I copied the contents of that folder into the into the one in the C:\\windows and now it works fine.