Cooler Master Geminii: An Offical POS

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
I've seen a much better review done before where not only was cpu temperature measured but motherboard temperature and gpu temperature. All of which were dropped due to the design of the Gemini II. That is one of the claims that it will cool your motherboard too and unfortunately Anandtech did absolutely no testing to find out more about this. Although you say its that bad of a cooler there were aspects of its performance that were not explored.

apt403

Distinguished
Oct 14, 2006
Granted, this hsf is suppost to have other beneficial features AnandTech should have looked into, but the main purpose of the hsf is just that, to be a good hsf, and it failed.

aoe

Distinguished
Mar 29, 2007
I've seen a much better review done before where not only was cpu temperature measured but motherboard temperature and gpu temperature. All of which were dropped due to the design of the Gemini II. That is one of the claims that it will cool your motherboard too and unfortunately Anandtech did absolutely no testing to find out more about this. Although you say its that bad of a cooler there were aspects of its performance that were not explored.

2 quotes in the Final Words section of the review that I think are relevant:

We had planned to delve deeply into the purported benefits of a down-facing cooler also cooling motherboard components. That is now a moot point, however. Since the Gemini II cannot match other top coolers in cooling efficiency or overclocking, who really cares if it cools your Northbridge better than a Thermalright Ultra 120?
The fin spacing is also too close for real airflow below the cooler. Put a hand beneath a cooler with 173+ CFM on top and you will be shocked at how little air makes its way to the motherboard.

IcY18

Distinguished
May 1, 2006
Well then i have to say Anandtech's final comments are complete shit...That is the half the point of the cooler, it allows your motherboard and components to run cooler, why would you ever dispute that? The fact that it doesn't cool as good as as other coolers doesn't take away from the fact that it has other benefits as well.

So you're saying bigger ISN'T better? Glad you told me... I'll have to call my doctor immediately so he can cancel that *ahem* operation.

Bigger IS better as long as it works right. haha... Thermalright just has a good design along with the other top performers. If you have a bad design or less efficient the size won't matter.