Anyone know what channel KYW HD is on on Comcast (Montgom ..

I want to tune in with my QAM tuner (no set top box). I know the QAM
channel numbers for ABC-HD, NBC-HD and FOX-HD.

I just need CBS (Kyw).

Anyone know?
6 answers Last reply
More about anyone channel comcast montgom

    In article <D49sd.251$gF5.229@trndny01>,
    "Verizon User" <anonymous@anon.com> wrote:

    > I want to tune in with my QAM tuner (no set top box). I know the QAM
    > channel numbers for ABC-HD, NBC-HD and FOX-HD.
    >
    > I just need CBS (Kyw).
    >
    > Anyone know?

    Network HD simulcasts: 231-235 and 240
    ABC News and Weather: 245 and 246
    Premium HD: 215, 219, 223, 227

    Or use the channel guide on the remote. They changed yesterday.

    m-m

    Thanks for the quick reply. But actually, i am talking about the channel
    numbers for those not using a set top box, just the built in QAM tuner in
    the HD tv.

    For instance, I can get ABC on 114-1, NBC on 114-4 and Fox on 100-1.
    But what is CBS? Any other "hidden" channels like this?

    On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:14:59 GMT, "Verizon User" <anonymous@anon.com>
    wrote:

    >I want to tune in with my QAM tuner (no set top box). I know the QAM
    >channel numbers for ABC-HD, NBC-HD and FOX-HD.
    >
    >I just need CBS (Kyw).
    >
    >Anyone know?

    First item.. a QAM tuner can't pull in any OTA broadcasts.
    You'll need a ATSC(8VSB) receiver.

    If you already have a ATSC(8VSB) receiver, then plug your zip code
    into the following web page..
    http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx

    That link will generator a table of OTA stations broadcasting in
    your area. The call signs ending with a -DT suffix are digitial.
    The actual frequency assignment will be listed in the rightmost column
    of the table.

    Note: You'll need some sort of antenna connected to the receiver
    input. Match your reception requirements with the appropriate
    antenna type.. see
    http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/info.aspx?page=more_info#mark

    Verizon User wrote:

    > I just need CBS (Kyw).

    So KYW is a CBS affiliate now? When it was in Cleveland many years ago,
    it was an NBC station. I assume that it's still in Philadelphia?

    I understand a QAM tuner isn't for the OTA. But cable companies send the
    local HD channels thru the cable. So I can watch all my locals without an
    OTA antenna, because I have cable (just not digital cable or HD package)..
    For instance, Comcast here sends our local NBC HD (WCAU- HD) on channel
    114-4. Of course, on their cable box it will be some other channel.

    So what is the "secret" channel number for KYW (CBS-HD), WB and UPN?

    "Tim Keating" <NotForJunkEmail@directinternet11.com1> wrote in message
    > On Sat, 04 Dec 2004 02:14:59 GMT, "Verizon User" <anonymous@anon.com>
    > wrote:
    >
    > >I want to tune in with my QAM tuner (no set top box). I know the QAM
    > >channel numbers for ABC-HD, NBC-HD and FOX-HD.
    > >
    > >I just need CBS (Kyw).
    > >
    > >Anyone know?
    >
    > First item.. a QAM tuner can't pull in any OTA broadcasts.
    > You'll need a ATSC(8VSB) receiver.
    >
    > If you already have a ATSC(8VSB) receiver, then plug your zip code
    > into the following web page..
    > http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/Address.aspx
    >
    > That link will generator a table of OTA stations broadcasting in
    > your area. The call signs ending with a -DT suffix are digitial.
    > The actual frequency assignment will be listed in the rightmost column
    > of the table.
    >
    > Note: You'll need some sort of antenna connected to the receiver
    > input. Match your reception requirements with the appropriate
    > antenna type.. see
    > http://www.antennaweb.org/aw/info.aspx?page=more_info#mark

    KYW is CBS. It used to be NBC-- they switched about 6 years ago.

    "Jim Gilliland" <usemylastname@cheerful.com> wrote in message
    > Verizon User wrote:
    > >
    > > I just need CBS (Kyw).
    >
    > So KYW is a CBS affiliate now? When it was in Cleveland many years ago,
    > it was an NBC station. I assume that it's still in Philadelphia?

HDTV TV Set-Top-Box HD Tuner Home Theatre