Logon screen unread email messages

I am getting 'unread emails' message on my XP logon screen, which remains for
several days after I have read all my emails in outlook. I have double
chaecked that there are no unread email in my inbox, junk-eamil and deleted
folders but still the message persists.

Can anyone tell me how to reset this message, or better still remove 'unread
emails' message from the logon screen completely.
4 answers Last reply
More about logon screen unread email messages

    Hi,

    Use this patch :

    http://windowsxp.mvps.org/reg/Unread_Mails_Disable.reg
    It will disable the notification.

    Regards,

    Prasad Addepalli

    "Phoenixes" wrote:

    > I am getting 'unread emails' message on my XP logon screen, which remains for
    > several days after I have read all my emails in outlook. I have double
    > chaecked that there are no unread email in my inbox, junk-eamil and deleted
    > folders but still the message persists.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to reset this message, or better still remove 'unread
    > emails' message from the logon screen completely.

    Do a google search for the Microsoft Powertool called tweakui. Tweakui has
    an option to disable the unread messages reminder.
    Alternatively take a look at my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at question 67

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    "Phoenixes" <Phoenixes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >I am getting 'unread emails' message on my XP logon screen, which remains
    >for
    > several days after I have read all my emails in outlook. I have double
    > chaecked that there are no unread email in my inbox, junk-eamil and
    > deleted
    > folders but still the message persists.
    >
    > Can anyone tell me how to reset this message, or better still remove
    > 'unread
    > emails' message from the logon screen completely.

    Thank you both, I decided to use John Barnett MVP's solution as it offered me
    more contol and flexibility. The solution worked perfectly and looking at
    the software it can be used to fix or control a variety of options on Windows
    XP and Tweakui looks to be a very useful tool.

    "John Barnett MVP" wrote:

    > Do a google search for the Microsoft Powertool called tweakui. Tweakui has
    > an option to disable the unread messages reminder.
    > Alternatively take a look at my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    > Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at question 67
    >
    > --
    > John Barnett MVP
    > Associate Expert
    > http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >

    > "Phoenixes" <Phoenixes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    > >I am getting 'unread emails' message on my XP logon screen, which remains
    > >for
    > > several days after I have read all my emails in outlook. I have double
    > > chaecked that there are no unread email in my inbox, junk-eamil and
    > > deleted
    > > folders but still the message persists.
    > >
    > > Can anyone tell me how to reset this message, or better still remove
    > > 'unread
    > > emails' message from the logon screen completely.

    Phoenixes TweakUi is extremely flexible and, as you say, a very useful tool.
    It's amazing just what tweakui will actually tweak.
    Glad you found it useful.

    --
    John Barnett MVP
    Associate Expert

    > Thank you both, I decided to use John Barnett MVP's solution as it offered
    > me
    > more contol and flexibility. The solution worked perfectly and looking at
    > the software it can be used to fix or control a variety of options on
    > Windows
    > XP and Tweakui looks to be a very useful tool.
    >
    > "John Barnett MVP" wrote:
    >
    >> Do a google search for the Microsoft Powertool called tweakui. Tweakui
    >> has
    >> an option to disable the unread messages reminder.
    >> Alternatively take a look at my website http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >> Click the Win XP Faq button and take a look at question 67
    >>
    >> --
    >> John Barnett MVP
    >> Associate Expert
    >> http://xphelpandsupport.mvps.org
    >>

    >> "Phoenixes" <Phoenixes@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
    >> >I am getting 'unread emails' message on my XP logon screen, which
    >> >remains
    >> >for
    >> > several days after I have read all my emails in outlook. I have double
    >> > chaecked that there are no unread email in my inbox, junk-eamil and
    >> > deleted
    >> > folders but still the message persists.
    >> >
    >> > Can anyone tell me how to reset this message, or better still remove
    >> > 'unread
    >> > emails' message from the logon screen completely.

Email Microsoft Windows XP