good socket AM2 mobo for brisbane cpu

hopster

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Hi Guys,

I'm looking to build a new system. I wanted to get some input from other users regarding a good motherboard for an athlon x2 3600.

I'm aware that a bios flash is necessary for most motherboards to properly run the brisbane x2's, so I wanted to see if others have a setup running with a brisbane cpu.

I'm aiming for a low budget gaming system.

If anybody currently has a stable setup please give some advise regarding a motherboard/ram combination to go with the X2 3600+.

Thanks!

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
what is your budget range?
what parts are u currently have already that doesn't need to be replace? (HD, sound card, LCD, VGA...)

hopster

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
No parts have been picked out right now other than the athlon64 x2 3600.

My budget is $100 USD for the motherboard.

I'm looking to get 2 gigs of ddr2 800 ram. Recommendations are very welcome with this as well. (My primary concern is that my components are rock solid working together)

I do not plan on overclocking for the first few months, but would like the ability to if its within my 100 dollar motherboard budget.

Thanks.

omgitslong

Distinguished
Aug 19, 2006
what kind of applications are you going to do with the system beside gaming? Audio encoding, rendering videos, rendering photos, photoshop.... etc

hopster

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Right now I am leaning toward the Biostar t-force 550. Their newest bios supports the brisbane cpu, and is a great deal on newegg right now for 69.99.

The main applications I'll be running are games (enemy territor: quake wars!) and microsoft office.

I just need to find out if others have had success with this board and the 3600. Primarily because I'm concerned about stability with the brisbane cores. Even though it should work, i just want some confirmation from other users.

Thanks guys.

hopster

Distinguished
Apr 30, 2007
Hey omgitsLong. Thanks so much for going out of your way to help me out. I'll most likely get that board. I really appreciate the info!!