Sign in with
Your question

Vista "Navigation to webpage was canceled" will not close?

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 25, 2007 11:57:55 PM

I have a new computer with Vista Home Premium and I keep getting this box that pops up and says "Navigation to webpage was canceled" with the date & time at the top and a refresh web page option and it will do nothing.

There is no way to close this box and I can not get rid of it.

Restarting the computer gets rid of it for about 30 minutes but it keeps coming back.

Any ideas?

It's driving me crazy. :oops: 
March 29, 2007 7:03:59 PM

I'm having the same problem.
I'm on a hp dv9000t with vista installed.

You can close the window by selecting it then hitting alt f4, but it comes back after a few minutes.

I'm suspecting that this has something to do with a process that I didn't allow once, through the user account control, but I really have no idea what it is. The graphic in the window next to the date and time is one of the windows help.
m
l
April 1, 2007 6:06:36 PM

Hey guys, I solved the problem on my end and wanted to let you know the solution. It would seem this problem is specific to HP computers and laptops. I just recently purchased an HP laptop with Vista and began having the IE popup window every 20 minutes or so. I've isolated the problem specifically to the following process "hpsdpapp.exe" which apparently is some kind of HP "Service Delivery Platform"

In order to get rid of it, I went to Control Panel and opened up Administrative Tools -> Task Scheduler then highlighted "Task Scheduler Library" on the left side of the screen. You should see several scheduled tasks. In my case, 2 of them were HP specific. I'm sorry, I don't recall their names, but one had something to do with HP Offers and the other was HP Registration or something. I deleted both of these and rebooted. Problem solved.

If you do a quick system search on your computer, you'll find the "hpsdpapp.exe" file here:
"c:\Program Files\Hewlett-Packard\SDP"

Hope this helps,
Aaron
m
l
Related resources
April 30, 2009 5:56:05 PM

just to add to this, the name is "Internet Service Offers" I think. There is also another one you might as well delete that is "Registration", but that one should be expired anyway.

I have an HP laptop and a compaq desktop and was having this problem, but the computer I built did not. All running 64-bit vista, all on the same network. It seemed to start after I got FiOS installed...don't know why that would have anything to do with it. But anyway, what was said above will get rid of it. Also, I had downloaded IE8 before seeing this thread, and it seemed to stop. Either way, do the above and u should be fine.
m
l
February 18, 2010 1:19:12 AM

Necropost!
m
l
!