Sign in with
Your question
Closed

Why is everyone slaggin off vista

Last response: in Windows Vista
March 27, 2007 11:25:47 AM

Hi i work in an electrical retail shop where we sell computers and laptops, alot of our customers come in and explain to us that they have heard that vista is bad thing being put off from our products which are all vista, and i have heard sales colleagues back this up.

I think that vista is really good, infact im in love wiith it, but on the flipside the computers that we sell only just barely meet the min specs Whereas my system is far adequate.

Ive never had a problem with drivers and new drivers are being released daily. My gaming performance has increased compared to mce2005 which aparently shouldnt have, im guessing there was a problem with my mce2005 install. But most of the comments people are making are false. Vista providing that it is installed on a machine which is powerful enough actualy kicks ass. As an estimate my NOT RESPONDINGS have been reduced by 75% since vista and when you slecet to end application, it actulay ends it. Plus all the other litte things like aero and the new file management features, control panel and network panel just make the vista expereince so much sweeter.

People Stop Slagging it off.

More about : slaggin vista

March 27, 2007 11:34:01 AM

It requires newer hardware is a reasonable issue for most people. It's new, it's Windows, it's MS - three major reasons for people to not like it no matter how it performs. Mostly, however, I am finding it is because people are repeating rumors and myths about Vista without knowing what they are talking about.
March 27, 2007 10:58:43 PM

It's ok Rob, the people who are doing this read a lot of stuff about Vista before actually buying it. There are plenty of magazines and sites you can find that digg very deep into this new OS and also compare it with XP. You may say my games run so much better but in fact there are no games out there that support the benefits of Vista yet. Maybe in the future games will run a lot faster but in the moment it's been proven by benchmarks that Vista runs slower than XP. I'm sorry to dissapoint you with this but there are more points in considering buying Vista but I'm getting tired of naming them as the whole Internet is full of it. So maybe if you read on pro sites like tomshardware etc you may find out why people complain about vista. For example....security matter number ummm I lost count? You can find it here.........

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31347/108/
Related resources
March 28, 2007 4:46:46 AM

Quote:
... For example....security matter number ummm I lost count? You can find it here.........

http://www.tgdaily.com/content/view/31347/108/
C'mon SyPh, "lost count" :lol:  The title is kind of telling and this is after two months...
First vulnerability in Vista's Windows Mail discovered
March 29, 2007 12:37:19 AM

A vulnerability that has almost no chance of doing anything harmful unless someone already had local access. And if they did, they wouldn't need to worry about dealing with making an link in a mail browser.

Vulnerability? Too strong of a word.
March 29, 2007 6:28:17 AM

I agree with darious --- Personally, I think this is sort of nitpicking ---the mail vulnerability --- vista like xp will have vulnerabilities and need updates to counter such --- i think this is case for any os that is released on a global scale --- not to say i do not have concerns with vista -only to say this issue seems sort of trivial.
March 29, 2007 7:35:14 AM

I hope you guys aren't going after me, I was making fun of SyPh saying that he lost count of the number of "ummm" examples about Vista security issues (he can't count past 1). The fact that the article admitted that it was totally absurd was just icing on the cake...
March 29, 2007 7:15:38 PM

Quote:
I hope you guys aren't going after me, I was making fun of SyPh saying that he lost count of the number of "ummm" examples about Vista security issues (he can't count past 1). The fact that the article admitted that it was totally absurd was just icing on the cake...

Lol, don't take everything so serious joke....it was a joke and a stupid one :D 

ps: I just can't always stand it as some kind of people try to make vista look like a piece of heaven and that there whole lives have changed into heaven now they are rid of XP and that everybody should stop talking bad about Vista and just accept everything blablabla. ;)  that's all ;) 
!