VBS1

I read through the FAQ page on VBS1. Nowhere is it stated that mainstream
buyers can purchase it. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of or
knows a loyal VBS1 following in the civilian market.

--
Mofaz
skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net

    Oops! I meant to say, "Nowhere is it stated that mainstream buyers CANNOT
    purchase it".

    --

    "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> wrote in message
    >I read through the FAQ page on VBS1. Nowhere is it stated that mainstream
    >buyers can purchase it. So, I'm wondering if anyone here has heard of or
    >knows a loyal VBS1 following in the civilian market.
    >
    > --
    > Mofaz
    > skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net
    > "Blowin' hoes 'n' negroes since 2004"

  2. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Mofaz wrote:
    > Oops! I meant to say, "Nowhere is it stated that mainstream buyers CANNOT
    > purchase it".

    It's expensive and as BIS always state 'it's a military training aid not
    a game' so the civilian user base is very small (but active). You have
    to purchase it to get access to the user forum.

    I have it with all the publically available addons and enjoy messing
    about with it - just wish I had more time for MP :-(

    Because of the price you have to be really, really into these things to
    even consider buying it and if you do buy it for god's sake don't tell
    the missus how much it cost.
  3. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Well, in that case, then, I'll consider buying it.

    --

    "Mort<TZW>" <nospam@sweatyhelmet.org> wrote in message
    > Mofaz wrote:
    >> Oops! I meant to say, "Nowhere is it stated that mainstream buyers
    >> CANNOT purchase it".
    >>

    > It's expensive and as BIS always state 'it's a military training aid not a
    > game' so the civilian user base is very small (but active). You have to
    > purchase it to get access to the user forum.
    >
    > I have it with all the publically available addons and enjoy messing about
    > with it - just wish I had more time for MP :-(
    >
    > Because of the price you have to be really, really into these things to
    > even consider buying it and if you do buy it for god's sake don't tell the
    > missus how much it cost.
  4. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    > Because of the price you have to be really, really into these things to
    > even consider buying it and if you do buy it for god's sake don't tell
    > the missus how much it cost.

    Why how much is it?
  5. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    $500 or there about for the game and all the add-ons.

    --
    Jan van Zanten
    Systeembeheer SG Marianum

    >> Because of the price you have to be really, really into these things to
    >> even consider buying it and if you do buy it for god's sake don't tell
    >> the missus how much it cost.
    >
    > Why how much is it?

  6. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    The game is $140 alone.

    --

    "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    > $500 or there about for the game and all the add-ons.
    >
    > --
    > Jan van Zanten
    > Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    > "Domestos" <never.you@mind.net> schreef in bericht
    >>
    >>> Because of the price you have to be really, really into these things to
    >>> even consider buying it and if you do buy it for god's sake don't tell
    >>> the missus how much it cost.
    >>
    >> Why how much is it?

  7. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    You don't have anything to play with it then. Unless you buy them ALL you
    have something to join MP servers.

    And I have 2 full keys :)

    --
    Jan van Zanten
    Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    > The game is $140 alone.
    >
    > --
    > Mofaz
    > skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net
    > "Blowin' hoes 'n' negroes since 2004"
    >

    > "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >> $500 or there about for the game and all the add-ons.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jan van Zanten
    >> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >> "Domestos" <never.you@mind.net> schreef in bericht

    >>> Why how much is it?

  8. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    The BIS FAQ says all player created add-ons will work.

    --

    > You don't have anything to play with it then. Unless you buy them ALL you
    > have something to join MP servers.
    >
    > And I have 2 full keys :)
    >
    > --
    > Jan van Zanten
    > Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    > "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> schreef in bericht
    >> The game is $140 alone.
    >>
    >> --
    >> Mofaz
    >> skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net
    >> "Blowin' hoes 'n' negroes since 2004"
    >>

    >> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >>> $500 or there about for the game and all the add-ons.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Jan van Zanten
    >>> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >>> "Domestos" <never.you@mind.net> schreef in bericht

  9. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    k, Mofaz, your way.. Buy it, and suffer from not able to join MP games...
    Whatever.

    USER made add-ons work, just like Flashpoint, but the islands, animals,
    opfor and soldiers are supplied by BIS !

    If you don't buy AU stuff (the soldiers), OpFor, the animals, the islands
    etc you will be kicked out like you used to on Flashpoint Res when not
    having add-ons.

    You need :

    Animal Pack1
    Australian Defence Force Pack 1
    Australian Defence Force Pack 2
    Marine Pack 1
    OPFOR Pack 1
    Special Operations Pack 1
    Terrain pack 1
    Terrain Pack 2

    Which makes $450 for the addons alone. Just buy the core game and have a
    blast on your own then.

    Just regard me as a dumb-ass, not knowing what I'm talking about... That's
    your right. But don't blame me afterwards that you bought a car without
    engine.

    --
    NedFox <TZW>

    > The BIS FAQ says all player created add-ons will work.
    >
    > --
    > Mofaz
    > skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net
    > "Blowin' hoes 'n' negroes since 2004"
    >

    > "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message
    >> You don't have anything to play with it then. Unless you buy them ALL you
    >> have something to join MP servers.
    >>
    >> And I have 2 full keys :)
    >>
    >> --
    >> Jan van Zanten
    >> Systeembeheer SG Marianum
    >> "Mofaz" <skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net> schreef in bericht
    >>> The game is $140 alone.
    >>>
    >>> --
    >>> Mofaz
    >>> skyryder@SHOVEITUPYOURASS.cox.net
    >>> "Blowin' hoes 'n' negroes since 2004"
    >>>

    >>> "NedFox <TZW>" <nedfox@timezone-warriors.net> wrote in message

  10. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    Damn, dude! Calm down! I wasn't implying you were wrong. I was merely
    adding some information.

    --

    Mofaz wrote:
    > Damn, dude! Calm down! I wasn't implying you were wrong. I was merely
    > adding some information.

    Nedfox is correct.
    You will need all those addons to get a game on a VBS server.
    Plus possibly the new Artillery pack ($180) and the upcoming US Army
    Pack, Convoy Traiining and destructible buildings modules.

    Like I said above you need to think really hard about how much you are
    into it. Buying the VBS core pack alone for $140 would be pointless.

    Why not just wait until BIS brings out Armed Assault at the end of this
    year? I believe it will contain much of what has been tested out in VBS
    at a fraction of the cost.
  12. Archived from groups: alt.games.operation-flashpoint (More info?)

    :)

    I guess most will, just like me, read it wrong and think you meant you can
    use the core game and user-made add-ons, and then join MP.. But that's not
    true :

    You need the core, all add-ons AND the user-made addons. It's ridiculous
    expensive if you consider it a game, it's ridiculous cheap if you consider
    this a military trainer.

    --
    NedFox <TZW>

    > Damn, dude! Calm down! I wasn't implying you were wrong. I was merely
    > adding some information.

Games Video Games