Renaming files

July 26, 2005 2:25:35 AM

I have imate jam. It appears that word files must either have .doc or .txt
extention. I can not seem to change the extention of the file.
Can you rename files including extentions? If so, how?

Thanks in advance

More about : renaming files

Anonymous
July 26, 2005 4:52:07 PM

PPC is limited in regard to manipulating file extensions. You can try some
third party apps like myExtensions
(http://www.badschwii.com/software_features.asp?swid=2), which has the look
and feel of the desktop Explorer and lets you accomplish functions such as
associating file extensions with particular software programs.

Thanks,
Prasada Raju Indukuri [MSFT]

"RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have imate jam. It appears that word files must either have .doc or .txt
>extention. I can not seem to change the extention of the file.
> Can you rename files including extentions? If so, how?
>
> Thanks in advance

Anonymous
July 27, 2005 6:45:10 AM

"RG" <nobody@nowhere.com> wrote in message
>I have imate jam. It appears that word files must either have .doc or .txt
>extention. I can not seem to change the extention of the file.
> Can you rename files including extentions? If so, how?
>
> Thanks in advance

Use a third party file explorer program.
Anonymous
July 28, 2005 5:39:23 PM

You can even do it using ActiveSync. Connect your device to ActiveSync and
Explore it. Once the windows file explorer opens, you can rename extensions.

!