crysis/8800/2900 benches

ninjaspa

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2007
couldn't they at least pretend and change the colors of the bars :x

i mean REALLY how hard is it to make up your own bs bench? they gotta recycle old bogus ones?

Here, maybe you guys will believe these bm's. They all can't be BS. But what gets my goat is the fact that the 8800 is an overclocked card. Couldn't they find a "stock" one to do the tests ?

http://go.theregister.com/feed/http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2007/04/26/amd_radeon_2900_xtx_tested/

baligavinod

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2007
HD 2900xt beats 8800gtx in Crysis? very interesting.
I thought 8800gtx kicks HD 2900xt all the way.

That is what I thought too, but I guess anything is possible.

yes...as long as u believe in these rumours, anything is possible...

srgess

Distinguished
Jan 13, 2007
Im not expert in the language on the article but i can read that : est Vista üzerinde Nvidia Forceware 100.65 WHQL ve henüz Beta. Wich probably mean vista tested with forceware 100.65 beta, wich is kinda old no ?

Stealth_JAG

Distinguished
Dec 14, 2006
While the posted benchmarks may not be authentic, don't be surprised if they're not far from the truth. The only thing close to reputable benchmarks we have so far are the Daily Tech ones and there has already been some serious questioning of their methodology (drivers, MOBO choice, overclocking the 8800 GTX but not the XTX, etc). However, the DailyTech benches only tested DX9 applications. There is some speculation (and for good reason) that the R600 offering will perform better in DX10 applications. If I'm not mistaken, Crysis is a DX10 game and it wouldn't be impossible for an XTX to far out perform the GFX in spite of the fact that the DailyTech benchies paint the GFX as the superiour card. There are also some leaked benchies showing that the XT is far better in Crossfire than the NVIDIA offerings are in SLI. Again, though, there's not enough confirmation of authenticity and testing methodology to make a purchasing decision from. I guess the short point of all this is that we really don't have enough information to determine which GPU is better.

Rob

celewign

Distinguished
Sep 23, 2006
I expect backup from both of you. Now, I'm not like this, but I really would like you guys to show me proof to your speculation.

Does anyone really know anything about R600 performance anyways?
-cm