Last response: in Windows XP

Do you cheat in computer games?

Total: 5 votes

• Yes
  • 0 %
  • No
  • 100 %
March 29, 2007 1:18:43 PM

The last 2 RPG's I played had built in cheats via the command console using the tilde key. Before that there were trainers people wrote to edit player stats.

How many people cheat that the develepors put these cheats in the game?

I assume that games other than RPG's have cheats as well?

More about : game cheats

March 30, 2007 8:13:58 PM

Cheating kind of defeats the purpose doesn't it?
April 3, 2007 9:37:58 PM

Do I use cheat codes in games? Yes. Do I cheat my way through games? No. What's the difference? When I complete a game without cheating or experience a game glitch at any time (usually involving getting stuck in a wall) then I'll use cheat codes. Basically, when it won't "ruin the experience", then I'll "cheat".

Just about all games, and some regular applications, have "cheat codes". Most times they're used for development and testing, but occasionally they represent inside jokes or are given to us as easter eggs, things that the developer wants us to play with and enjoy. Whether it be cow-flinging catapults in Age of Empires, or Matrix-mode in Deus Ex, it can sometimes be a waste to ignore cheat codes.

Having said that, I think I'll go browse game-faqs... :wink:
Related resources
April 5, 2007 1:11:49 PM

Quote:
cow-flinging catapults in Age of Empires,
Which version was that in? And how do you bring it up?
April 5, 2007 5:24:40 PM

AOE 1, baby! The code is "Jack Be Nimble". Type it in the chat window. After you enter it, select a catapult and fire north. Other directions will fling other things, like peasants and Superman sans pants.
April 5, 2007 7:14:57 PM

AOE 1 :(  Too bad I don't have that anymore. Is there anything like that in AOE II or III ?
April 6, 2007 5:23:31 PM

You got rid of it? :( 

The other two don't have that code specifically, but they do have their own craziness. Try these links: AOE2 AOE3
April 7, 2007 7:47:28 AM

Unfortunately all my old games (which were in one old box) were a victim to my wife's spring cleaning session a couple of years ago. :cry: 

Thanks for the links!!!!
April 9, 2007 6:43:15 PM

Oh my goodness. I literally felt my heart wince just reading that. :cry:  That sucks man. I had the same thing happen with my old NES and most of my Genesis games.
April 9, 2007 6:55:21 PM

I guess my only consolation :(  is that I am not the only one. Wives will be wives!
April 9, 2007 9:09:07 PM

*slaps self in the forehead*

Sorry for misleading you. In this case it was my parents. While I was off in Canada for two years, they took the liberty of throwing those items away, and only those items. :?

I'm not married yet, but my mom threw my dad's past away, so I view it as inevitable. *sigh*

Okay, let's buck up! The future is bright. Let's live there. :wink:
April 10, 2007 6:07:35 PM

Quote:

Sorry for misleading you. In this case it was my parents. While I was off in Canada for two years, they took the liberty of throwing those items away, and only those items. :?

Parents wives whats the difference. There is a conspiracy against us gamers!!!!! Get your tin foil hats out!

Quote:

I'm not married yet, but my mom threw my dad's past away, so I view it as inevitable. *sigh*

Enjoy yourself while you can. The end is near! (marriage i.e) :D 
April 10, 2007 6:50:40 PM

*dons foil hat*

Quote:
The end is near! (marriage i.e)

Boy, I hope so...

*covers mouth is shock and runs away in shame*
April 12, 2007 8:26:54 PM

LOL :D 
May 8, 2007 7:01:39 PM

Quote:
Cheats ruin the game. I try to avoid it especially when I'm playing against someone on LAN.

Ha, you said "try"... :p 

I do the same. If I'm playing a game to finish it, I don't use cheats, even after beating it several times. If I'm playing a serious MP match, I don't use cheats, even if I'm losing badly. But they do have there place.

I've had a blast playing with cheats in MP matches, as long as everyone is doing it. It can sometimes be more fun using cheats in a LAN game than a solo one. I do it to unwind after particularly difficult matches, to test content I'm developing, or to practice.

It's a lot easier to practice rocket jumping in god mode. :wink:
!