Status
Not open for further replies.

jason7655

Distinguished
Mar 1, 2007
I've done a little research on Vista (and I've actually already purchased the Ultimate edition), but my question is about video and photo editing.

I thought I might purchase the Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 Premiere Elements 3.0
Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Premiere-Bundle/dp/B000HLT4TU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-9689969-1407255?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1175193015&sr=8-2) but I'm also wondering about the video and DVD authoring capabilities of Ultimate.

Would it be worth it to hold off and see what Vista can do? Has anyone done much with video stuff in Vista Ultimate?

Thanks

joke

Distinguished
May 15, 2005
I've done a little research on Vista (and I've actually already purchased the Ultimate edition), but my question is about video and photo editing.

I thought I might purchase the Adobe Photoshop Elements 5.0 Premiere Elements 3.0
Bundle (http://www.amazon.com/Adobe-Photoshop-Elements-Premiere-Bundle/dp/B000HLT4TU/ref=pd_bbs_sr_2/002-9689969-1407255?ie=UTF8&s=software&qid=1175193015&sr=8-2) but I'm also wondering about the video and DVD authoring capabilities of Ultimate.

Would it be worth it to hold off and see what Vista can do? Has anyone done much with video stuff in Vista Ultimate?

Thanks
I'm using MS Digital Imaging 2006 and it works great. I also ripped three movies yesterday and put them into my video library (I'm only up to 12 movies now - all .iso files - but more to come)... I would say there aren't many problems.

With 64-bit memory access, I can give my vob processing as much memory as it wants but right now, I only have 4G (more to come!). I do have 12G of jpg pics (around 7600 pictures) in my library and the library manager part of the suite works great.

I don't know how the new Elements works (I worked with an early version and didn't like it). I suggest that if you are going to get a killer image app, look for anything that works in 64-bit mode and take advantage of being able to process your pictures completely in real memory, without swapping. The speed improvement will be awesome (maybe you should look at the real photoshop).

Status
Not open for further replies.