access to contents

Ros

Distinguished
Sep 11, 2004

Is there a quick way of making certain folders - I'm thinking primarily of
'Favorites' - universal in the sense that whoever is logged on has access to
everything anyone has ever included in 'favorites'?
RoS

Hi,

Move the links to this folder:

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Favorites

rather than this one:

C:\Documents and Settings\<user_name>\Favorites

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"RoS" <kermit@bigpond.net.au> wrote in message
> Is there a quick way of making certain folders - I'm thinking primarily of
> 'Favorites' - universal in the sense that whoever is logged on has access
> to everything anyone has ever included in 'favorites'?
> RoS

Hi RoS,

Create a common Favorites folder, preferably outside the User Profiles
folder. (Example: D:\Shared Favorites). Move the contents of the Favorites
folder to D:\Shared Favorites. Then, under each user profile, open Regedit
and navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\User
Shell Folders

In the right-pane, double-click "Favorites" and set it's value to the
"Shared Favorites" folder (D:\Shared Favorites)

--
Ramesh, Microsoft MVP
Windows XP Shell/User