Screensavers

Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not the
boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and it has a
few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me! Has anyone had a
good experience with an animated screensaver that doesn't crash the system?
I've had REALLY bad experiences with downloaded ones, so I don't want to just
do that again blindly. Recommendations would be most welcome.
3 answers Last reply
More about screensavers

    ... and for the very reasons that you have had bad experiences with
    downloaded scr's, the boring ones are best..

    There is one that I have which is half interesting..
    http://www.idle-time.org/

    --
    Mike Hall
    MVP - Windows Shell/user

    http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

    Irish wrote:
    > Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not
    > the boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and
    > it has a few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me!
    > Has anyone had a good experience with an animated screensaver that
    > doesn't crash the system? I've had REALLY bad experiences with
    > downloaded ones, so I don't want to just do that again blindly.
    > Recommendations would be most welcome.

    http://www.serenescreen.com/

    If they are crashing your system, you may need to make sure you have the
    latest video and sound drivers for your hardware (from the corresponding
    manufacturers) and you have the latest Service Pack (2) for Windows XP
    (which includes the latest DirectX - 9.0c.)

    --
    <- Shenan ->

    Thanks you guys, that helps. Some of the screensavers worked ok with my
    system but came with a lot of garbage - ads & stuff. I know, I want a free
    screensaver without ads :-)

    "Shenan Stanley" wrote:

    > Irish wrote:
    > > Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not
    > > the boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and
    > > it has a few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me!
    > > Has anyone had a good experience with an animated screensaver that
    > > doesn't crash the system? I've had REALLY bad experiences with
    > > downloaded ones, so I don't want to just do that again blindly.
    > > Recommendations would be most welcome.
    >
    > http://www.serenescreen.com/
    >
    > If they are crashing your system, you may need to make sure you have the
    > latest video and sound drivers for your hardware (from the corresponding
    > manufacturers) and you have the latest Service Pack (2) for Windows XP
    > (which includes the latest DirectX - 9.0c.)
    >
    > --
    > <- Shenan ->

Microsoft Windows XP