Screensavers

Tags:
  • Microsoft
  • Windows XP
April 30, 2005 9:26:27 PM

Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not the
boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and it has a
few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me! Has anyone had a
good experience with an animated screensaver that doesn't crash the system?
I've had REALLY bad experiences with downloaded ones, so I don't want to just
do that again blindly. Recommendations would be most welcome.

More about : screensavers

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:09:42 AM

... and for the very reasons that you have had bad experiences with
downloaded scr's, the boring ones are best..

There is one that I have which is half interesting..
http://www.idle-time.org/

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"Irish" <Irish@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not the
> boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and it has a
> few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me! Has anyone had
> good experience with an animated screensaver that doesn't crash the
> system?
> I've had REALLY bad experiences with downloaded ones, so I don't want to
> just
> do that again blindly. Recommendations would be most welcome.
Anonymous
May 1, 2005 1:43:34 AM

Irish wrote:
> Ok, this is a low-priority question! I like unique screensavers, not
> the boring ones that come with xp. I was given the Plus! add-on, and
> it has a few more screensavers, but still not unique enough for me!
> Has anyone had a good experience with an animated screensaver that
> doesn't crash the system? I've had REALLY bad experiences with
> downloaded ones, so I don't want to just do that again blindly.
> Recommendations would be most welcome.

http://www.serenescreen.com/

If they are crashing your system, you may need to make sure you have the
latest video and sound drivers for your hardware (from the corresponding
manufacturers) and you have the latest Service Pack (2) for Windows XP
(which includes the latest DirectX - 9.0c.)

--
<- Shenan ->
May 2, 2005 12:25:02 AM

Thanks you guys, that helps. Some of the screensavers worked ok with my
system but came with a lot of garbage - ads & stuff. I know, I want a free
screensaver without ads :-)