First P35 boards out, already.

Coitus

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Hey,

i can see that Gigabyte have released 3 boards already (yesterday) with the P35 Express chipset - DQ6, DS3, DS4

Can I expect other manufacturers to follow within a few days ?
Is there any deadline from the other companies of when they will release their boards ?

I seriously need a motherboard as fast as possible but as I can see Gigabyte have already released their new boards I am thinking about torturing myself and wait the few extra days for others to release their boards and get one of the new ones instead of one with the P965 chipset.

Maybe I will just go for the Gigabyte DQ6 as it is ready for delivery, but I really want to see what Asus have to offer.

Martin

Coitus

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Any idea / guess of what coolers I can fit on the P35 DQ6 ?
I was thinking about something like Scythe Andy or Zalman CNPS 9700 NT.
The heat systems seams massive, but maybe it is not an issue ?

The DS4 looks very much the same as the DQ6 and costs a fair share less (approx. $60-70 less).

BUFF

Distinguished
Dec 17, 2003
abit have also previously shown their P35 mobos.
I wouldn't expect to see any P35 mobo in store until June though.

Coitus

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2002
Weird, someone else wrote in this thread yesterday but now his replies are deleted !?

The company I have found states that it is ready for delivery 7/5-2007

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
It will be interesting to see when any of the boards are actually available for sale. At this point, everything I've seen are pre-release "engineering sample photo's" with no real performance reviews. I suspect some of the better review sites will have a shot at these boards before they hit the retail channels. At least I hope there is some concrete performance data prior to release.

Then, again, we all might have the opportunity to become beta testers. :roll:

adnoto

Distinguished
Feb 20, 2007
Before I go off on a wild goose chase... the P35 boards are not for sale yet correct? If so the OP should be ashamed of him/herself - I nearly had conniption (hysterisk anfald) when I saw the title of the thread.

8O

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
Before I go off on a wild goose chase... the P35 boards are not for sale yet correct? If so the OP should be ashamed of him/herself - I nearly had conniption (hysterisk anfald) when I saw the title of the thread.

8O
I don't think they're available in any retail channel yet. Those "sneak peek" photo's are clearly pre-release.

Edit: Preview - Gigabyte P35 "Bearlake" Motherboards

NOTE: The motherboards previewed in this article are based on early engineering samples and demo units. Although their features are mostly finalized at this point, specifications and components may change in the final retail versions.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
I can't seem to find any solid release dates or prices. That being said, judging by the boards, they can't be too far from release. As for prices, my wild guess is.......

329 USD for the DQ6
179 USD for the DS3

Those are guesses. Complete, utter, pulled out of my bum guesses. But I bet I'm close!

The MSI P35 board looks friggin awesome BTW, check it out.

dsidious

Distinguished
Dec 9, 2006
I can't seem to find any solid release dates or prices. That being said, judging by the boards, they can't be too far from release. As for prices, my wild guess is.......

329 USD for the DQ6
179 USD for the DS3

Those are guesses. Complete, utter, pulled out of my bum guesses. But I bet I'm close!

The MSI P35 board looks friggin awesome BTW, check it out.

Hmmm, $329 and it doesn't even support SLI. Sounds a bit excessive... :(

Jake_Barnes

Splendid
It's funny that now that CPU's are getting "cooler" - the chipsets, especially the NB, seem to be getting hotter.

For upcoming products, abit has a whole range of Intel P35 chipset based motherboards ranging from the fully decked IP35 Pro board shown here to the more affordable but still decently featured IP35 and IP35-E boards for different target segments. The Pro version has dual PCIe x8 slots supporting CrossFire, ICH9R Southbridge, dual Gigabit LAN, FireWire, fully passive cooling geared for overclocking and all solid capacitors for better durability.

In that abit pic, there wasn't a cooler on the CPU - I hope that's just for the "show" - can't imagine that's ment for "passive cooling" - I wouldn't go near that! :?

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
Well, it might be 279 too, I just made that number up.

I believe these support full 2x16 crossfire, which to some is as good as SLI. Or is that only the X38? Pretty sure P35 does.

It'll be interesting to see how much power these NB's use. The 965 compared VERY favorably against the 680's, hopefully these aren't completely crazy. I wonder if part of the problem is two different memory controllers built in, though I would imagine only one would be on at any given time.

nicolasb

Distinguished
Sep 5, 2006
I believe these support full 2x16 crossfire, which to some is as good as SLI. Or is that only the X38? Pretty sure P35 does.
Nope. X38 only. P35 will most likely be the same as P965: x16/x4 at best.

cb62fcni

Distinguished
Jul 15, 2006
The only official news I've seen is that both X38 and P35 support crossfire. I've seen nothing detailing bandwidth availability. Where did you see it would be x16+x4?