MCE - prob installing SONIC.CAB plug-in

madmurph

Distinguished
Aug 18, 2006
I have the 3-disc OEM version of MCE 2005 and am attempting to install the Sonic DVD-CD burn plug-in, which is on disc 2. My installation is upgraded to SP-2, all windows updates including rollup 2, and some of the features from disc 2 have been installed. However, when I insert disc 1 and select "Install Additonal Components," the Sonic DVD-CD burn is checked, but it shows 0.0mb in file size, and the "Details" button is greyed out. I know the plug-in has not installed because when I attempt to burn a TV program to DVD, the only option that shows is "Data Disc", whereas if the plug-in was in place, it is my understanding that it would also give the choice "Video DVD."

I have opened disc 2, and it contains the file SONIC.CAB, but I have no idea how to get the installation disc to recognize the file, or where I would extract the CAB file to, so I could get MCE or a Windows installer to recognize it.

My apologies in advance if this topic has been addressed on this forum, I'm a much better hardware than software peep. I just want to get this plug-in installed with a minimum of ceremony. Thank you for your help!

edklite

Distinguished
Dec 29, 2006
well what format is your tv show in? it has to be in dvd format if you want to burn a playable dvd.

in otherwords most time this is how a dvd ends up gettign burned, its 2 steps.

1. encode to dvd format

2. burn dvd format media to a dvd