Tritton New AXPC Headphones

Would you buy these HeadPhones? Tritton AXPC

• Hell no, these are just another pair of rebranded Medusas!!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Not until i find a decent review with all the information i need.

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • I migth give them a try, but i''m not sure

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Sure, bring the in... let the killing begin!!

Votes: 2 66.7%

• Total voters

winsrp

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
Hi i was wondering if you guys at THG have tested this headphones (Tritton AXPC, TRI-UA512), cus im wondering, since they are USB, will they work with my X-FI, will it make a diference, and will the bound software that comes with them mess up with my X-Fi software? Do i have to take out my sound card it order to make them work properly, and most of all, would you recomend these for a gamer, if not which other 5.1 headphones should i buy?

I had the AX360 from these guys, and there sound really cool on the optical SPDIF, but on that mode the microphone wouldnt work, obvious since they didnt had a a SPDIF out connector only SPDIF in to get music from the sound card of mother board, and on the other mode they had for PC the rumble didnt work, but the mic did... so that sucked, but the idea was really cool.

gettysbird

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2007
I just bought this headset for my laptop and I'm pleased. Are they perfect? No. OpenAL support is lacking and the subwoofer sound quality is muffled and tinny. I have not tested the mic yet except in sound recorder. But it works great for the few games I tested and supports EAX 2.0.

You don't have to remove your existing sound card to use the USB audio. In my setup Windows makes the AXPC the default sound device when I plug in the USB cable. When I remove it, it reverts to my onboard sound.

P.S.
Not sure what you call it but the headphones vibrate (like rumble feedback in gamepads). I kind of like that!

Spikke

Distinguished
May 16, 2006
I can't give feedback on that headset, never used it. However, as far as other headsets go, I have a Razer Barracuda and it kick ass. Took some tweaking of the settings on my X-Fi, but after a little work the sound is wonderful. Feels like I have a 5.1 strapped to my head.