BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
I can try safe mode, last configuration, or normal and all I get to is the window loading xp home for a few seconds and then it will restart and go to the option to boot page. Something has hose windows and I don't know if a repair with the disk will work. Bruce

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Try the repair from the disk. If that doesn't work, get the hard drive mfg diagnostic/repair software and run from a Floppy. Possible something happened to the hdd

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
Thanks, I did get to the repair option with the cd and did a chkdsk /r and it found and fix two errors. I don't know what errors but I was able to boot into windows and everything is working. I wish I know what caused that problem. Bruce

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Thanks, I did get to the repair option with the cd and did a chkdsk /r and it found and fix two errors. I don't know what errors but I was able to boot into windows and everything is working. I wish I know what caused that problem. Bruce

I've gotten to he point of not thinking about what causes a problem and work on trying to remember how I fixed it. Don't want too kill to many brain cells on this stuff, to many more fun ways of doing that. :)

BruceMyers48

Distinguished
Jan 17, 2001
This mourning turned it on, opened outlook tried to send a message and it frooze. won't boot, back to square one. Could be a bad drive. Brucd