Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
Yeah I admit it was really stupid, but i tried to change the system drive letter through regedit.exe using an online guide. Now, it boots up, and the logon screen is blank. I can't get into XP at all. I backed up needed files no no biggie there, but all my settings will go down the drain and I will have to reinstall all my programs from cds if i reinstall windows. I did, however, create a system restore point just before I tried to change the registry. Is there any way to access this with a diagnostic program on a boot disk, or my windows reinstallation disk? I just want to save LOTS of time.

Assman

Distinguished
Jan 7, 2005
try loading "Last Known Good Configuration," which starts your computer using the registry information that was saved at the last shutdown.

Wonderwill

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2006
try loading "Last Known Good Configuration," which starts your computer using the registry information that was saved at the last shutdown.

I know I tried but to no avail. This guide, however, worked seamlessly and only took about an hour. It got really annoying, but now I'm back on my computer! :D Thanks for trying to help!