out with the old (p5wdh) in with the new (p965 ds3) problems

cowboyjw

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
well I was having too many problems with my p5w dh so it is going on flebay I went out and bought a new ds3 rev 3.3 now the problems are cant install the sata port driver that gigabyte say's to use (they say use the gbb363 on the install disk I have to use the gbb366) or my hard disk cant be seen after installing and rebooting windows my computer wont shut down I get the screen that say's (it is now safe to turn off your computer) I have to hold down the power button for 4 seconds for it to shut off. in the bios I have instant off selected but i still have to hold down the power button. also when I look under device manager the jmicron driver isnt there just some other pci devices with an exclamation point. I have tried everything I think I got the sata drives going but the biggest problem to me is the computer shutting down. does anyone have any idea about this problem.

thanx jerry

well I was having too many problems with my p5w dh so it is going on flebay I went out and bought a new ds3 rev 3.3 now the problems are cant install the sata port driver that gigabyte say's to use (they say use the gbb363 on the install disk I have to use the gbb366) or my hard disk cant be seen after installing and rebooting windows my computer wont shut down I get the screen that say's (it is now safe to turn off your computer) I have to hold down the power button for 4 seconds for it to shut off. in the bios I have instant off selected but i still have to hold down the power button. also when I look under device manager the jmicron driver isnt there just some other pci devices with an exclamation point. I have tried everything I think I got the sata drives going but the biggest problem to me is the computer shutting down. does anyone have any idea about this problem.

thanx jerry

Cowboy just unplug it from the wall and it will shut off. If you are getting to BIOS screen select the DVD/CD drive as the first boot devcie and save and exit BIOS. Be sure you have your SATA drive plugged in (on both ends). Pop the Windows CD in that DVD tray and hit any key when prompted. All the drivers you need will install right along with the OS. HTH.