ECP and AI in 1985 campaign

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

Ok, so I got ECP and installed it. Very whizz bang and pleasant to play, but
the AI seems to have difficulty staying in a squad, which leads to
showstoppers all round - i.e. Waiting in a truck for squad members that
never arrive = stuck.

I must be missing a setting somewhere as I haven't seen much talk of this
kind of thing on the net.

Help!

Neil

"Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message > Ok, so I got ECP and installed
it. Very whizz bang and pleasant to play, but
> the AI seems to have difficulty staying in a squad, which leads to
> showstoppers all round - i.e. Waiting in a truck for squad members that
> never arrive = stuck.
>
> I must be missing a setting somewhere as I haven't seen much talk of this
> kind of thing on the net.

I've noticed the same thing. No fix.

--
Liddle Feesh

<"//><

Think i noticed ai settings there somewhere , maybe try disabling it.

--
Kango <TZW>

"Liddle Feesh" <liddle@nowhere-noone.com> wrote in message
> "Neil" <noway@hosay.com> wrote in message > Ok, so I got ECP and installed
> it. Very whizz bang and pleasant to play, but
>> the AI seems to have difficulty staying in a squad, which leads to
>> showstoppers all round - i.e. Waiting in a truck for squad members that
>> never arrive = stuck.
>>
>> I must be missing a setting somewhere as I haven't seen much talk of this
>> kind of thing on the net.
>
> I've noticed the same thing. No fix.
>

> --
> Liddle Feesh

> <"//><

Are you setting your squad members loose via the action menu?

--Uzi
> Ok, so I got ECP and installed it. Very whizz bang and pleasant to play,
> but the AI seems to have difficulty staying in a squad, which leads to
> showstoppers all round - i.e. Waiting in a truck for squad members that
> never arrive = stuck.
>
> I must be missing a setting somewhere as I haven't seen much talk of this
> kind of thing on the net.
>
> Help!
>
> Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Are you setting your squad members loose via the action menu?

No, sadly these are early missions like Montignac Must Fall where I'm under
command. The battles are much better because of the quite clearly further
ranging AI, but this seems to leave refugee soldiers sitting about instead
of rejoining the squad. I think I'll pick up the campaign from where I get
command and see if things get any better. Thanks for the replies.

Neil

Neil

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

"RobertJM" <robert@rockNObottomSPAM.plus.com> wrote in message
> Think i noticed ai settings there somewhere , maybe try disabling it.

Yeah, I did have a little play around with them, but on studying the PDF
faq, those settings seem to be mainly related to the Dynamic Speaking AI.
I'll have another look though.

Neil

'Cause you know that the action menu gives you the opportunity to cut squad
members loose?

--Uzi

> "Uziyahu" <NNOSPAMMuziyahu@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>> Are you setting your squad members loose via the action menu?
>
> No, sadly these are early missions like Montignac Must Fall where I'm
> under command. The battles are much better because of the quite clearly
> further ranging AI, but this seems to leave refugee soldiers sitting about
> instead of rejoining the squad. I think I'll pick up the campaign from
> where I get command and see if things get any better. Thanks for the
> replies.
>
> Neil

'Cause you know that the action menu gives you the opportunity to cut
squad
> members loose?

I think he's referring to the "Engage At Will" command

NO!

ECP gives you an ACTION MENU command that allows you to unbind squad
members!

--Uzi

> NO!

Bloody hell, simmer down mate, it's a game.

It gives you that option only if you're in command of a squad. As others
will no doubt have noticed, I was talking about early missions in the 1985
campaign, where you have no command. Presumably the AI squadleader in the
early missions has this "Release" as an option, leading to hours of fun
shooting your own men to carry on with the mission. :)

Neil

> ECP gives you an ACTION MENU command that allows you to unbind squad
> members!

I dig ECP, but, STILL, it just bogs down my machine. I'd rather have
better
visuals, higher detail ground, and farther vision than the effects I get
with ECP.

ECP is damn cool, though. I just wish it wouldn't bog down the game so
much.