A Wireless Network Setup…‎

Sina_Giant

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
Hi all, just got a problem with a network setup…‎

Here it is: we got a simple p2p LAN network connected to each other with d-link LAN ‎cards and there is an other LAN connecting 3 computers through 8 port d-link switch, ‎now the only thing we want to do is to connect this p2p network to the others, but I can’t ‎wire them to the switch so I am looking for a wireless solution to connect one of p2p pc’s ‎through wireless to one of the switched network clients and bridge them all!‎

Below is a simple picture of whole system, so is it possible!? I mean can the PC ‎number 5 have a access to the pc number 2, 3 or any other?, Are there any special settings ‎that we should use or we can just go by a simple 192.168.0.X IP for each client?!‎

PS: I tried to look at the sticky general wireless networking setup and conf post, but it’s ‎not working…‎

Thanks
‎ ‎

mikeyp410

Distinguished
Jun 1, 2006
You can do this with WDS enabled AP's setup as a PTP Bridge If you want to spend the money ($120.00) for 2 of them. Other then that maybe POE??

Sina_Giant

Distinguished
Jun 5, 2006
You can do this with WDS enabled AP's setup as a PTP Bridge If you want to spend the money ($120.00) for 2 of them. Other then that maybe POE??

Can you please explain it just a little more?!