Welcome Screen problem

Can't get beyond the welcome screen after a clean install of Xp Home.
Here the problem. First startup after clean install at the welcome
screen ask for password (never put one in). I leave it blank. Push
enter. Message back is: Error; for one of these reasons; Can't find
DOMAIN or does not exist. rtry or find the administrator. This box is
not attached to a network. I can't get into the safe mode either, same
problem. The contains the following, SCSI hard drive w/adapter, 400
mega ram, amd k-6 CPU. HAd Linux on here. Did a clean install with
reformating the drive including the MBR anf system partition! I have
performed 3 clean installs; this copy of XP has been activated 4 times.

Can any Help! RCH

--
RC Hay
1 answer Last reply

    Try booting to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:DiskPart
    In DiskPart,delete all partitions,then create one,then press Esc key,then
    type:FORMAT C: /FS:ntfs or type:EXIT Let xp restart,reboot to xp cd,
    then select,install xp,new copy.At this point,you can delete the new
    partition,
    create,then xp reformats and installs auto.If you have the extra 1/2 hour,do
    both,you'd actually be doing a "prefered clean installation" -microsofts
    way.

    "RC Hay" wrote:

    > Can't get beyond the welcome screen after a clean install of Xp Home.
    > Here the problem. First startup after clean install at the welcome
    > screen ask for password (never put one in). I leave it blank. Push
    > enter. Message back is: Error; for one of these reasons; Can't find
    > DOMAIN or does not exist. rtry or find the administrator. This box is
    > not attached to a network. I can't get into the safe mode either, same
    > problem. The contains the following, SCSI hard drive w/adapter, 400
    > mega ram, amd k-6 CPU. HAd Linux on here. Did a clean install with
    > reformating the drive including the MBR anf system partition! I have
    > performed 3 clean installs; this copy of XP has been activated 4 times.
    >

    > Can any Help! RCH
    >

    > --
    > RC Hay

Clean Install Windows XP