Welcome Screen problem

May 1, 2005 7:54:30 AM

Can't get beyond the welcome screen after a clean install of Xp Home.
Here the problem. First startup after clean install at the welcome
screen ask for password (never put one in). I leave it blank. Push
enter. Message back is: Error; for one of these reasons; Can't find
DOMAIN or does not exist. rtry or find the administrator. This box is
not attached to a network. I can't get into the safe mode either, same
problem. The contains the following, SCSI hard drive w/adapter, 400
mega ram, amd k-6 CPU. HAd Linux on here. Did a clean install with
reformating the drive including the MBR anf system partition! I have
performed 3 clean installs; this copy of XP has been activated 4 times.

Can any Help! RCH

--
RC Hay

More about : screen problem

Anonymous
May 1, 2005 7:54:31 AM

Try booting to xp cd,recovery,press enter for password,then type:D iskPart
In DiskPart,delete all partitions,then create one,then press Esc key,then
type:FORMAT C: /FS:ntfs or type:EXIT Let xp restart,reboot to xp cd,
then select,install xp,new copy.At this point,you can delete the new
partition,
create,then xp reformats and installs auto.If you have the extra 1/2 hour,do
both,you'd actually be doing a "prefered clean installation" -microsofts
way.

!