strider17

Distinguished
May 1, 2007
hi guys !!
with dx10 hardware making way into mid range market is it now absurd buying any 7 series card (7600gt 7900gs or something) ??
i was waiting for 8600s but they have disappointed me with their price/performance.
every one talks about dx10 and vista which adds up to my confusion.
please suggest me a way out ........ ill be grateful.
as i am a mid range buyer i would shell out max 200$. :)

The best thing at this time is to wait a couple weeks. See how ATI's new products perform, then make a desicion on who's best. After a short bit of time after release the cards will realign price/performance wise and what you buy now may be cheaper soon, or you may have missed on a great opportunity that hasnt been released yet

anticupidon

Distinguished
Jan 20, 2007
The best thing at this time is to wait a couple weeks. See how ATI's new products perform, then make a desicion on who's best. After a short bit of time after release the cards will realign price/performance wise and what you buy now may be cheaper soon, or you may have missed on a great opportunity that hasnt been released yet
well you put it plain and simple jaydejohn but in my humble opinion i will buy a dx10 card when i will have a dx10 game.until then buying a dx9 card is not absurd

Youre right except for 1 thing, not everyone upgrades every 6-9 months. 1 year from now, if you want a DX10 card, then youre already a lil late to the party. I guess if the OP does want to go DX10 and doesnt mind buying 2 cards within the next year, then no, theres nothing wrong with a 7xxx series now

kaoru780

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2006
Directx 10 games wont be out till the end of the year, and by then geforce9 has probly come out :p (yeah rite). If u wanna play current games with HDR and anti aliasing enabled then go for the radeon x1950.

The_Abyss

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2006
Directx 10 games wont be out till the end of the year, and by then geforce9 has probly come out :p (yeah rite). If u wanna play current games with HDR and anti aliasing enabled then go for the radeon x1950.

Or an 8800. just because it's a DX10 card doesn't stop it from stomping all over the x1950 in DX9 as well.