Cdromhl-dt-st-bddvdrw-ct21n driver

rzs430

Distinguished
Aug 1, 2011
Suddenly my computer don´t recognize my dvd palyer. It´s aan ASUS 90 SC. It´s Win 7/ 64 bit. When i troubleshoot in win it recognize an error cdromhl-dt-st-bddvdrw-ct21n driver has to be reinstalled error code 19. ASUS want´s me to reinstall the hole computer and I can´t find a driver on teh internet

pepe2907

Distinguished
Aug 24, 2010
Most DVD players don't need any special driver to operate. there is a driver, included in the Windows installation, at it works fine. So IMHO you need just to repair your windows with the windows install disk.

plasmastorm

Distinguished
Oct 18, 2008
It's a common problem in Win 7, usually down to a corrupt registry key.

Follow this article if your happy editing the registry, should have you sorted in around 5-10min.

*Copied from MS Support page*

Windows 7 or Windows Vista

Click Start
Start button
, and then click All Programs.
Click Accessories, and then click Run.
Type regedit, and then click OK.
User Access Control permission
If you are prompted for an administrator password or for a confirmation, type the password, or click Allow.
In the navigation pane, locate and then click the following registry subkey:
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Class\{4D36E965-E325-11CE-BFC1-08002BE10318}
In the right pane, click UpperFilters.

Note You may also see an UpperFilters.bak registry entry. You do not have to remove that entry. Click UpperFilters only. If you do not see the UpperFilters registry entry, you still might have to remove the LowerFilters registry entry. To do this, go to step 8.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
In the right pane, click LowerFilters.

Note If you do not see the LowerFilters registry entry, unfortunately this content cannot help you any further. Go to the "Next Steps" section for information about how you can find more solutions or more help on the Microsoft Web site.
On the Edit menu, click Delete.
When you are prompted to confirm the deletion, click Yes.
Exit Registry Editor.
Restart the computer.