Need HELP with hard drive recovery please!

andytg7

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
Hey everyone,

Well, here is the situation. I have an external hard drive which is used for storage purposes when it comes to pictures, music, word files, etc. I don't know how it happened, but several folders containing pictures are gone. I'm not sure if they were somehow deleted or overwritten, but they flat out aren't there anymore. Unfortunately, I don't have backups of any of them, so this has now become a big issue for me.

I know that when it comes to hard drives in the windows environment, you can delete files but in reality they aren't really gone yet. Visually they are, but physically they still reside on the drive. I'm hoping this applies to external hard drives as well. Could anyone please tell me about or recommend any software/programs I could use in an attempt to recover files/data that were accidentally deleted or over written? Any and all suggestions are welcome. I'm hoping that one will allow me to recover my pictures. Thank you.

- Andy

andytg7

Distinguished
Apr 25, 2007
I'll look into the Active Undelete, however I was hoping there would be a free program that could accomplish this task. Do you know of any?

Unfortunately, I don't have any Norton Software on my computer, so that rules that out. Yeah, I check the recycle bin, nothing was there. :(