help with windows update and realtek audio

cowboyjw

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
on april 2 my computer was running perfectly then I got the auto update for windows xp (928843). after that update my computerworks fine except in games it locks up in a audio loop and stops responding I restored to a earlier time and it worked until I got the update (I didnt know what the problem was at this time) but now no matter what I do I cant get it to work more than a half an hour in a game before it locks up. I have installed the microsoft patch 935448 that is suppost to fix this but it didnt the only way I can get it to work is to disable the audio card. any help would be greatly appriciated. I have 2 computers doing the same thing mine has a p5w-dh motherboard and my sons has a asrock 775 dual vsta.

I at first thought it might be my overclock but when I went stock speed it still does it.

e6300 overclocked to 2.67
P5W-DH
2 GIG SUPERTALENT MEM
DIAMOND X1950XT

cowboyjw

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2007
thanx for the response i did install the patch but the computer still freezes when I play my game battlefield 2142 I have done everything I know to do except reinstall windows. I even tried reinstalling the original drivers over the patch and the same thing.

fpdoc

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2006
If the realtek driver is intigrated and you run a separate sound card you could always disable the realtek driver for now. Or set the default audio driver to your PCI sound card. That realtek HD driver and UAA driver are a pain in the ass.