marshahu

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2003
My MCE 2005 rig has suffered infections with all sorts of spyware and excessive installation and uninstallation of programs. The registry's "spine" must be as bent as a steering wheel.

I have lots of data on the 320GB SATA Hard Disk and the 160GB ATA Hard Disk. I was hoping to purchase a new 750GB SATA Hard Disk, and then to reinstall my current copy of MCE 2005 onto this Hard Disk. With the exception of the OS being installed onto this bigger hard disk, the rest of the PC will remain the same as before. The previous hard disks will remain as they are without being formatted - they will just hold the data as before and in this setup be used for DVDs, Videos, Music and ISO images in Alcohol 120%

Will I be able to reactivate my copy of XP MCE 2005 on the same computer, despite these suttle changes (i.e. additional 320GB Hard Disk, installation on a 750GB Hard Disk).

g-paw

Splendid
Jan 31, 2006
Activation is really nothing more than an irritating phone call and entering a bunch of numbers. I've activated XP any number of times. Just tell them you had to replace some parts, when you tried to activate Windows a message came up to call the number you call, and answer some inane questions like are you running this copy of XP on more than one machine. the questions rank up there with "Do you do illegal drugs" on job applications