kyuicious

Distinguished
Feb 6, 2007
My vista Home Premium 64bit is acting weird :? :? .
My Drivers disc of my video card is not working, so i downloaded it from 'www.asus.com' .

first it worked fine 2-3 days then i realised i had like an FPS on Counter-Strike:Cource of around the 30!
But my friend had an pentium 4 and the same video card as me with windows XP with an FPS of 75!

So then i tryed to download it from 'www.nvidia.com' and it worked fine with Counter-Strike:Cource. But not with Half-Life 2, it just started the LOADING screen and then just went back to the vista screen and said that hl2.exe was not well proparly?

Then i tryed to install the driver again, but then it was saying 'the uninstall driver is 32bit and the system self 64'? again wtf?

I tryed it to intall a few times but it is still the same... :(

HELP ME PLEASE!!!!

Solution
It sounds very much like you have managed to install the 32Bit driver on 64Bit windows. You will need to remove all the Nvidia drivers and then install the 64Bit drivers only. You need to make sure you download the right ones fron Nvidia.

You might find it useful to use Driver Cleaner Pro or the like to make sure you have removed the old drivers.
It sounds very much like you have managed to install the 32Bit driver on 64Bit windows. You will need to remove all the Nvidia drivers and then install the 64Bit drivers only. You need to make sure you download the right ones fron Nvidia.

You might find it useful to use Driver Cleaner Pro or the like to make sure you have removed the old drivers.

Solution