ntuser.dat DAT and LOG File

May 2, 2005 1:00:48 AM

In my C:\Documents and Settings, I have following two files which I cannot
access:

ntuser.dat DAT File

and

ntuser.dat.LOG Text Document

Every time I try to open these file it says ' The process cannot access the
file because it is being used by another process.'

Please let me know what are these files and can I safely remove it from the
computer.

Thanks.
Anonymous
May 2, 2005 1:00:49 AM

To see the contents of ntuser.dat do start->run->regedit and expand the HKCU
branch. Be careful that you only look and do not touch.

The dat.log file is just that. It's a log of changes/access to that
particular registry hive.

Up to you if you really want to delete them. I don't think you'll like the
results though since that will sort of blow your user profile out of the
water. ;-)

--
Walter Clayton

!